“Yum!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Guy Harvey's Island Grill

Guy Harvey's Island Grill
Ranked #12 of 113 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadephia
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We tried this restaurant for lunch and weren't disappointed. I had the fish curry was very tasty and the husband had a jerk chicken quesadilla. We were the only diners at the time as we went in early for lunch. The waitstaff were very welcoming even though they were still setting up and didn't make us feel as we were a bother. The atmosphere of the restaurant seems rather upscale for dinner, but for lunch it was perfect!

Visited October 2012

George Town, null, Cayman Islands
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My favourite is their fish fingers at happy hour! I've also been several times for lunch and they always have great food and service.

Visited August 2012
Miami
“Fine dining restaurant with rude servers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our experience here was an interesting one.

The server (Caymanian fellow or something) came and popped a board about the specials. I ordered a pasta because it was pasta night and he gave me a little laugh. I didn't quite know what it meant. Then I decided to cancel it because they had other selections that looked far better. He got confused and then pissed at us the customers. Then I tried clarifying it, just give us one pasta and we'll get more in a while.

That pasta was really quick. 5 minutes. Taste was okay too.

Then he kept asking about drinks. We said water 4 times, we just want water, and he gave us this dirty look.

Then we ordered some steaks and salmon and I asked about the oysters price. He gave me this look like I was an idiot and pointed to that board, but found that they didn't put the prices. Then he told me, so that was fine. I can handle being stared at like an idiot.

Our friends took steaks and salmon and we waited for at least 40 minutes. It was quite a bit longer, so I asked the Filipino guy after 30 minutes, (short fellow) and he said, that if u order steaks you have to wait a bit longer. And so I asked, does it usually take this long? And he gave the most condescending "Yes sir, this is a fine dining restaurant"

Then the Caymanian guy comes along, doesn't even ask, and slips our plates away leaving us quite confused because I think my friend left a bit of her lobster for her boyfriend.

That really spoiled the experience or definition of a fine dining restaurant.

The food came and holy cow, when they say curry, they meant some bottle sauce or something, with half a salmon fillet. It was about two fingers thick.

Then despite the horrendous service, they charged us 15% grats too. Haha!

Thankfully, the Indian server was really nice. He was well mannered and genuinely wanted to make our experience a better one. He could tell we were upset and shocked by the lack of service so we tipped him a little more

I generally don't write negative reviews, but this was easily the worst experience I've ever had dining out. Be warned.

I have worked as a waiter and I know what they go through, but I have never had anyone behave like that

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Larry1987
Chatsworth, California
“Great specials, very good food, terrific service!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We've been coming to Cayman yearly for probably 10 years & this is the first time we tried Guy Harveys. On Sundays, there is a special that you buy one entree meal, and get the 2nd same entree for just a dollar, so we tried the Sole Menuiere ($60 Cayman which is about $75 US...expensive but everything here is expensive!) and it was great! We started with the tuna cevichi & that was delicious, perfect for a warm night. The service was great & we sat on the patio which has a wonderful view. The other items on the menu are less expensive than the sole & the people next to us got the snapper for the "buy one get one for a buck" for $30 Cayman (approx $37 US) so you can eat a very nice meal there for not too an outragous price. The house wine was good so all in all we throughly enjoyed the meal!!

1 Thank lorrie56
“Great atmosphere, Okay Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The atmosphere of the restaurant is fun and loud. The food looked amazing on the menu but the taste didn't live up to the expectation. I also ordered the prawn dish recommended by the waiter after telling him I was very hungry - it was also the most expensive dish on the specials menu, when it came out it was one prawn and very dry tasting.

• Visited July 2012