We were so lucky to find Eldemire's B&B Guest House and spent a fabulous 10 day holiday there just this past February. The facility includes the big house, where rooms are available, and use of the large kitchen downstairs is available for the guests use. Also included are a few larger suites and cottages which have their own kitchenette. There is a pool and BBQ equipment for the guests use, as well as bike rental at a very nominal fee. 10 minutes from the airport and a very quick cab ride for approximately $15.00 USD, Eldemire's is located just outside of George Town and is easily walked in about 15 minutes. There is also a very delightful public beach less than a 10 minute walk away.
We took a room in the guest house, the rates being a bit lower than in the larger suites or cottages. It was roomy and comfortable and also included T.V. A simple but very satisfying breakfast of coffee, toast, cereal and fruit was served in the dining room. If you did not choose to eat lunch or dinner out, the kitchen was available for preparing your own meals. We were more than comfortable there, and felt more like family than guests. The neighborhood was very quiet and restful, and everything we wanted to do during the day was just a short walk away.
If you want to spend a lot of money on a fancy, big name, crowded hotel, with equally crowded beaches, a good distance from town, then stay on 7-Mile Beach. It is very nice there and I have done that. But if you want peace and quiet, equally lovely accomodations, as well as access to restaurants, bars, a lovely beach, and town, than Eldemire's B&B Guest House is for you. It is number 1 with us, and we look forward to going back there again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What words describe Eldemire's best? Friendly, Informal, Simple, Charming, Affordable, Peaceful. Our simple little "Caribbean style" guest house, offers an ambiance of informality and friendliness, and is perfect for "free-spirited" travelers who just want a clean, nice, down to earth place, closely situated to everything. And, not have to spend the kind of money that they would have to, at a big resort. Of course the big resorts have lots of amenities, clean, comfortable, air-conditioned rooms to sleep in, as generally speaking, visitors go exploring and/or diving all day long. So you save lots of $$$$ when you stay with us!!! In the 38 years of being in the tourism accommodation sector, we can truthfully say that most of our guests are those who just like a charming and simple alternative to the bigger, busier, expensive hotels. Instead they would rather spend their vacation dollars on enjoying our beautiful beaches, diving, snorkeling, good restaurants, varied excursions, etc. And a rental car. Our place will feel to you like a "home away from home" where you can relax and feel at home! In 1977, Tootie's Caymanian parents, opened up rooms in their large home (now known as Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn) to visitors coming to Grand Cayman for vacation, or to conduct business. Then in 2000, Tootie and her family took over the business and made a lot of changes which included colorful decor, furnishings, etc. Then a pool and large deck were built and lush tropical vegetation and colorful tropical plants and banana trees were placed all around the pool. So when you sit back and relax by the pool, you experience an authentic peaceful tropical aura. Our location is on the west side of the island, across the road from the ocean, and ten minutes drive from Owen Roberts Airport and famous 7 Mile Beach. Within a short walk is a beautiful white sand beach, the island's best art/craft shop, 2 fabulous oceanfront restaurants, a fitness center, 3 Dive centers, Cathy Church Underwater Photo Center, and Georgetown with lots of shops, restaurants, the Museum, and Duty Free shopping. Our property consists of 4 private 2nd level rooms with private bathrooms, and a large shared kitchen and relaxing lounge downstairs. The 2 comfortable self-contained one bedroom suites have their own private kitchens, lounges and garden entrances. Two Studio Suites have their own private kitchenettes. Our amenities? All rooms and suites are air-conditioned, have private bathrooms with towels and bathroom products, complimentary tea and coffee, Cable TV, FREE WIFI and free on-site parking with security lighting. So, in essence, what we offer is a peaceful, quiet, charming, cheap, "Island style" Guest House, close to everything. A real little "Tropical Oasis". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldemire`s Tropical Island Hotel George Town
- Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands