i chose Eldemire's mainly because it was the cheapest option I could find on the internet. Which doesn't say very much, since hotel prices in Grand Cayman are in general ridiculously high. I paid 90 USD per night, which was quite a bit lower than even the least expensive of the more traditional hotels or resorts wanted. As someone else pointed out, you are generally left alone once you have checked in. No one cleans the room, and although I often find the daily cleaning ritual of many hotels more of a bother than a help, 6 days without any sort of service, like having the garbage taken out, was a bit too much. The guests can use a large and well-equipped kitchen, which would probably be great for a family with children. I just made sandwiches and kept my drinks cold in the fridge. I traveled with a folding bike, and it took me just a few minutes to ride into George Town and less than 10 minutes to the Seven Mile Beach.. By foot it would probably take you 20-25 minutes to the center of town, and the closest supermarket is even further away. So I think staying here without a rental car (or bicycle) would probably not be convenient. But let me add that I was happy here. The room was small, but the air condition worked well and there was always hot water when I needed it. And the wifi internet is excellent. You need a password, but once you have entered that you're good until the day you leave. There is a very small pool with a couple of beach chairs. Nice enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eldemire's is a simply charming little family style guest house in a nice quiet area and we live across the road from our Guest House and can cater o your needs within a minute or 2. We want you to feel that it is your "home away from home" when you stay with us. And ... the best part is... we offer the lowest rates! All accommodations are very clean and decorated in vibrant tropical colours. We have 4 2nd level bedrooms ( with twin, queen and kings size beds) each with their own private en-suites, and on the lower level is a large fully equipped shared kitchen and a comfy lounge overlooking the lush garden. On the lower level are 2 fully equipped one bedroom apartments - one with a king size bed and the other a queen size bed. Both with sleeper sofas. We also have 2 studio suites with kitchenettes and queen size beds. There is free parking, free Fiber WIFI and a pool. A few minutes walk away is the island's best white sand cove and popular bar where you will see stunning sunsets ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldemire`s Tropical Island Hotel George Town
- Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands