New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Amazing Dive Site, Not so for the Dive Center Personnel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eden Rock Diving Center

Eden Rock Diving Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Cayman's Best Shore Diving Cayman’s best value 2 tank dive! Eden Rock Diving Center is situated a short swim from two of the world’s best shore dives Eden Rock and Devil’s Grotto. The coral reefs rise in vertical cliff faces from a 40 foot sand bottom to within a few feet from the surface. Both Eden Rock and Devil’s Grotto are honey combed with caves, tunnels and grottos inhabited by many tropical fish, coral and sponges including Silversides and Tarpon. The entry is down a diving ladder is into 4 feet of clear and calm Cayman water the bottom gently slopes out to 15 feet the rises to within a few feet of the surface before dropping to a sand bottom. There are many tunnels running through the reef with openings in the coral allowing sunbeams to light the way.
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing Dive Site, Not so for the Dive Center Personnel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This site was a favorite with the millions of silversides and resident tarpon. We also saw an eagle ray on one of our two dives there. This is an easy, beautiful and eventful dive.

However, the service is AWFUL. There are no signs indicating closing time which is 5:30. We weren't informed we needed to be back by 5:30. As we walked off the ladder at 5:34, the shop personnel said, "too bad, you have to come back tomorrow at 8:00 to return your weights and tanks, or you'll be charged another day". We called out that they were holding our credit card, but no response. They stood in the parking lot and chatted a few minutes and got in their cars. Others about to enter the water were shocked at their attitudes. We were polite and did not provoke. We already had a dive planned for 8:00 the next day that had to be changed. This behavior is so unneccessary. Note: their charges for weights are by the pound and there is a charge for weight belts.

New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very good shore dive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

My friend and I did two tanks this past week at Eden Rock Dive Center. The first dive was at Devil's Grotto and the silversides were amazing. The second dive was at Eden Rock and was also a very good dive. Some of the previous reviews have said that the staff was rude and inattentive but we did not find that to be the case. Since we were staying on GC for a week we made sure to go to Eden Rock when there were no cruise ships in port. There were several divers in the water that morning but the place was not packed. Perhaps that was the difference but I can only say that we were polite and respectful to the staff and were received the same treatment in return. The equipment was worn but definitely serviceable. The equipment rental prices were reasonable and the staff gave a thorough briefing of the sites before we went in. If the equipment was in better condition I would have given Eden Rock 5 stars.

Pitt Meadows, BC
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Simply Majestic.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our first time @ Eden Rock, check the weather forecast before you go, best is to go where winds are less than 7-9km/h. The day we went was a calm and cloudy day. You can park your vehicle @ the Eden Rock Diving center for free. You can use their facilities but do provide a GENEROUS TIP in their gratuity bucket (Tip approx. $4 CI/per person). Use the ladders and do not jump off the dock as it may be shallow (depending on tide). Swim towards the three ROUND WHITE buoys as it is an indicator of where Eden Rock formations are. Never snorkel pass the vertical marker. Enjoy, you will see lots of marine life.

Denver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Poor Care”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

My son and I rented BCD, Regs and Weights from Eden Rock. Ann serviced us and was friendly and gave us a dive briefing. When she handed us our weights but only one weight belt. I asked for the second belt and she informed me that my BCD had integrated weight pockets.

About 3/4 through the dive I started to experience buoyancy issues but it was a shallow dive and I didn't think much about it. Then when doffing the equipment, I noticed that I had lost all of the weight out of my left-side integrated weight slot... yet the flap and snap were still closed. I reported this to the attendant (a friendly young Brit) who said 'Oh, you should never use those integrated weight systems'. I told him I did at the direction of Ann. He apologized but said all he could do was to note the lost weights on my ticket. So I added another 7 lbs of weight to my ticket and asked for a weight belt. He marked 'lost 7lb weight' on the bottom of the ticket, handed me a new weight belt and changed the '1' to a '2' on the weight belt line of the ticket. After the dive, I settled the bill. Neither Ann or the young brit were there and a new, very nice young lady and a older British man were running the shop. I reported the issue I had experienced with the equipment. The older British man said, 'you have to pay for the weights you lost, there is no other option'. I asked if he felt it was fair since I was using the integrated weights at the direction of Ann. He said 'Ann is well trained and would never issue weights without a belt'. I tried to show him on the ticket where she had done precisely that but he simply refused to talk about it and said 'you are paying for the weights you lost and that's the end of it'. Also, on the second dive, the backup reg free-flowed and would not shut off until I shut-down the high pressure and reset the regulator. The equipment is also old and worn.

This is a nice dive site and 3/4 of the crew working there were nice. I think they are just very tired and burned out probably because they run so much cruise business through there that they don't take time to really treat customers fairly.

I might dive there again but I will never rent equipment from this business in the future.

Visited July 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Favorite dive when the silversides are in.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We are 3 divers, all women. We were there last year and loved it so much we returned this year. All diving in the Caymans is stellar but we love the freedom of doing lots of shore diving and Eden Rock Dive shop is wonderful. When the silversides are in, it is a must do dive.

Visited June 2013