We arrived at Sunset House and had an easy check-in and an unexpected welcoming gift left for us in our room. Dee and Eve were very helpful from booking throughout our entire stay and checkout. The apartment we stayed in was simply furnished with all the basics we needed to be comfortable. The rooms were large and clean and the housekeeping staff kept it clean throughout our 10 day stay. The view of the ocean was spectacular from the balcony and just the sound of the waves was calming and relaxing. My Bar had good drinks, good food, good prices, great views and outstanding service. Breakfast was included with the package and was delicious with several good choices on the menu. The main reason we selected Sunset House was because of the diving. The boats are nice and well maintained. They were never too crowded and the captain and crew made our diving stress free. Shore diving is easy and fun for an afternoon or night dive. The best compliment we have goes to the dive staff. All are friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to be of any help you may need. They go far above and beyond the call of duty to make your dive experience as unique as possible. Wall diving, reef diving, and swim throughs were unbelievable. The staff knows the sites intimately and are happy to point out things easily missed. Our many thanks to Andy, Neil, Rob, Lauren, Mike, Tom, Ivan, Jolene, & Mike P. It was nice to stay in one place and not have to leave the property for anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No Resort Fees!!! Best Value on Island! We have found the beginning of why so many people love Sunset House, Grand Cayman's Hotel for Divers, by Divers. "Stepping out of my room, feeling the sunshine on my face, catching that breath of fragrant tropical breeze, gazing into the alluring blue water..". More profound words were never spoken! This family owned resort is more of a big guest house, than a hotel. Everything you have dreamed for a Caribbean Dive Vacation is here! From palm trees to an amazing house reef; from 5 custom dive boats, to a famous underwater photographer; from amazing Caribbean concoctions, to spicy Indian dishes; they all await you! And combined with warm Caymanian hospitality, you'll wonder why you waited so long to visit this West Indian oasis, or why you haven't come back sooner. Of course, the Caymans and Sunset House are a diver's paradise, with crystal-clear waters awaiting your arrival. Come to Sunset House today and experience now, what others have seen for over the last 50 years. An underwater photographer's perfect dive. Shipwrecks, curious big eels, cuddly stingrays and a legendary mermaid await you just steps from your room! A perfect place for your scuba diving or snorkeling vacation! Packages include Breakfast, transfers from Airport and so much more! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sunset House Hotel George Town
- Sunset Hotel George Town
- Sunset Resort George Town
- Sunset House Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands