My wife and I love to dive! We got certified late in life so we try to dive mini vacations as much as possible. This was her birthday weekend and needed a fun dive vacation! We had a perfect ocean front view with gorgeous palm trees cascading the beach property right in front of us.
Each morning we got up and had breakfast before we got on the boat. Great service, Great breakfast.
Sunset House has a great pool with a hot tub that my wife took advantage of daily. She has a bad back which she has to take care of. When we dive we have to share that my wife will need assistance getting on and off the boat. Roger our boat Captain and Simon a new dive master with Sunset House gave special attention to help her roll into the water and get back on the boat safely. They went above and beyond to assist to make sure her diving experience was awesome. Simon even helped her put her equipment on the tank which freed me up to handle my gear and do a nitrox check.
The rooms were clean comfortable and very functional for divers. I need to check my email frequently and felt their Internet signal strong with no drops/ or time outs.... that can happen on a lot of island stays at many hotels. Their entire staff was friendly and very service oriented. Jennifer at the front desk who was celebrating her birthday also was cheerful and full of fun. She and Karin helped me not get stuck with a lot of CI bills checking out they gladly exchanged for US to help us out!
My wife fell in love with Murphy the famous property dog who has trained his owners well!
Sunset House! Great Property, Great Diving, Great Sunsets, and most important Great People!
We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No Resort Fees!!! Best Value on Island! We have found the beginning of why so many people love Sunset House, Grand Cayman's Hotel for Divers, by Divers. "Stepping out of my room, feeling the sunshine on my face, catching that breath of fragrant tropical breeze, gazing into the alluring blue water..". More profound words were never spoken! This family owned resort is more of a big guest house, than a hotel. Everything you have dreamed for a Caribbean Dive Vacation is here! From palm trees to an amazing house reef; from 5 custom dive boats, to a famous underwater photographer; from amazing Caribbean concoctions, to spicy Indian dishes; they all await you! And combined with warm Caymanian hospitality, you'll wonder why you waited so long to visit this West Indian oasis, or why you haven't come back sooner. Of course, the Caymans and Sunset House are a diver's paradise, with crystal-clear waters awaiting your arrival. Come to Sunset House today and experience now, what others have seen for over the last 50 years. An underwater photographer's perfect dive. Shipwrecks, curious big eels, cuddly stingrays and a legendary mermaid await you just steps from your room! A perfect place for your scuba diving or snorkeling vacation! Packages include Breakfast, transfers from Airport and so much more! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sunset House Hotel George Town
- Sunset Hotel George Town
- Sunset Resort George Town
- Sunset House Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands