I have organized a photo shoot for today.
Even though I was told the reef there was in pretty bad shape by multiple instructors working on the island, we decided to do a quick photo-shoot.
My plan was to shoot a model next to the Mermaid statue, they have on their house reef.
The other attraction I wanted to catch was the submarine which passes by few times a day.
I called the submarine company to confirm their times and location of the passing the day before.
I called Sunset House Dive shop an hour before we arrived to check on conditions.
I was told there was a little current but the diving was great.
When my model and I arrived we were told there were no tanks available.
No Nitrox. No air. Simply NO TANKS for outside customers for at least two hours.
That would already be after the last submarine passed and we also had other plans for the afternoon.
We were told we were not allowed to bring our own tanks either.
I am marking Sunset House with the lowest ratting as I feel that a dive shop not being able to rent dive tanks is terrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No Resort Fees!!! Best Value on Island! We have found the beginning of why so many people love Sunset House, Grand Cayman's Hotel for Divers, by Divers. "Stepping out of my room, feeling the sunshine on my face, catching that breath of fragrant tropical breeze, gazing into the alluring blue water..". More profound words were never spoken! This family owned resort is more of a big guest house, than a hotel. Everything you have dreamed for a Caribbean Dive Vacation is here! From palm trees to an amazing house reef; from 5 custom dive boats, to a famous underwater photographer; from amazing Caribbean concoctions, to spicy Indian dishes; they all await you! And combined with warm Caymanian hospitality, you'll wonder why you waited so long to visit this West Indian oasis, or why you haven't come back sooner. Of course, the Caymans and Sunset House are a diver's paradise, with crystal-clear waters awaiting your arrival. Come to Sunset House today and experience now, what others have seen for over the last 50 years. An underwater photographer's perfect dive. Shipwrecks, curious big eels, cuddly stingrays and a legendary mermaid await you just steps from your room! A perfect place for your scuba diving or snorkeling vacation! Packages include Breakfast, transfers from Airport and so much more! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sunset House Hotel George Town
- Sunset Hotel George Town
- Sunset Resort George Town
- Sunset House Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands