“Cayman Islands Brewery Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Cayman Islands Bar Hopping Tour plus Rum Distillery and Beer Factory Visit
Ranked #7 of 52 things to do in George Town
More attraction details
Owner description: The secret of Caybrew, CayLight and Ironshore Bock (ISB) involves some of the most ancient brewing and manufacturing arts known to man; combine this with the most current state of the art brewing technology to date and this is The Cayman Islands Brewery.Caybrew has already won a prestigious Monde Gold award and quickly becoming the fastest growing beer in the Cayman Islands, Caybrew, Caylight and Ironshore Bock are brewed to the highest international standards.Brewery tours are available every Monday trough to Friday on the hour from 9 am to 4 pm. Ring ahead for bottling days for the main experience. The Gift store is also open during these times selling exclusive Caybrew, CayLight and Ironshore Bock items.
Greenwood, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cayman Islands Brewery Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I planned the tour as a result of a post I saw on Facebook. I sent an e-mail to the brewery and got the information. I was on a cruise ship and myself and some friends from the Carnival Freedom took the tour.
We turned up at the brewery around 10:15am and were greeted by Selena. She informed us of the tour time and invited us to the tasting station for samples. We all tried several samples of the White Tip, Caybrew and Caybrew Light. She was very generous with the samples and we enjoyed talking with her and shopping in the gift shop while enjoying the free samples.
The tour was very informative and took us through the arrival of the ingredients all the way to the canning and bottling of the beer. Selena was veri informative and polotely answered all of our questions. She took her time to explain things and was very detailed.
After the tour she posed for photos with us and took photis for us. She then led us back to the git shop and tasting area for more samples and souvenirs.
I HIGHLY recommend taking this tour and be sure to aks for Selena.

Visited April 2013

Maple Ridge, Canada
461 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 443 helpful votes
“The best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had a terrific experience. Took local bus(2.50$ each) right to the front door ;about 15 ride. Sampled all the beer and had a great tour followed by yet one one ice cold beer off the assembly line. Informative, interesting, and excellent way to spend a few hours. Gathered a few shirts and a six pack of beer to bring home and cought the bus back to town. A terrific trip to do! Thank you!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kevin D
Wilmington, Delaware
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Worth a stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We visited the brewery as part of an island tour. We enjoyed the tastings. I especially like the Ironshore Bock beer on tap! They have a nice little selection of t-shirts, hats and some other items.

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Quick stop at a small brewery on Grand Cayman”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We rented a car for the day while visiting the island from the Disney Magic. This was one of our planned stops on our self-guided tour of the island and we happened to get there in-between tour times and didn't have the time to stay for the next tour. However, they did give us a free tasting of several of the beers and the flavors lived up to my expectations from what I have heard others state about this Grand Cayman brewery after visiting it.

I enjoyed each of the beers that I tasted and then browsed their gift shop and bought a couple of items. I was debating buying a a sample case to take back to home and ended up talking myself out of it. This is a decision I later regretted after drinking more of the beer at a local restaurant and seeing other people on the ship returning with the beer. If you have the chance, and enjoy this style of beer, don't make the same mistake that I did - buy some.

The brewery is off the main road, but worth taking the time to locate.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank MBeard
Purcell, OK
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Free beer, good beer, stop here on canning day if you can”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

This place is off the beaten path but if you are heading across the Island or just want some free beer be sure to put this on your places to stop. I have been here three times now and by far the best time to show up is on a day when they are canning. Every other day you just get a quick tour about 10 minutes where they explain the process. On canning days you get a longer tour and get to be part of the experience. They even gave us an extra beer right off the line, it was pretty great. After all this you can do some tasting back inside. This is a really informal tasting and they let you try all the beer that they produce, so thats really nice. Also if you buy one of their souvenir glasses they will fill it with beer for you, no extra charge. This is a very informal, laid back tour, not like a Budweiser or Guinness so don't expect a big production. Chances are that you will be the only ones taking the tour, so if you like having personal attention and beer its worth visiting. Also if you really like beer you can arrange for them to drop off a keg or a mini keg with refrigerated tap at your condo before you arrive for your trip. I haven't tried this yet but I think about doing it every time I go down to Cayman.

Visited August 2012