“Expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lobster Pot

The Lobster Pot
Ranked #6 of 115 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chelsea, Michigan
“Expensive”
Reviewed July 3, 2009

We ate here for dinner after spending the day in GeorgeTown. We were there right when it opened at 5:30 and had a seat right by the window. Our service was great, acutally, but we split an entree- the Trio (which had Lobster Tail 4oz, 3 Shrimp and MahiMahi 4oz..which I think was $38 CI), two sodas, I had a salad and my husband had soup, and the total for dinner was $119 US! We have been to Hawaii and I did pay that much there, but we each had our own entrees and wine. There is a 15% gratuity added on, but I don't think I've ever paid that much for a meal and left as hungry as I did! We were able to see the Tarpons from our seats, but probably wouldn't eat there again.

• Polish first
Fort Payne, Alabama
“Great Food and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 30, 2009

This is a beautiful place to be at sunset. The food is great but a little on the pricey side. The service is fair. We ran out of water twice and waited about 5 minutes for it to be refilled and we were the only people there. But other than that we loved it. Very clean and beautiful view. Pay close attention in the late afternoon and you'll see the Tarpon fish swimming up and down the waters edge. I had Lobster and my wife had shrimp. We both loved our meal.

nc
“Not worth it”
Reviewed June 27, 2009

The food was average. I ordered the mahi mahi blackened and it was very dry. My husband had salmon with a pineapple salsa which was very strong.

The service was very slow and when our server did appear she was very rushed and impatient. We waited approximately 20 min before our order was taken. Perhaps we chose this restaurant at an off time but our experience was not good at all.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Overrated and Expensive”
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We recently went on a group dinner to the Lobster Pot and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I was excited to go since there was a lot of hype about it being one of the best restaurants in George town. However, I have to say that it seemed to be just an overpriced seafood restaurant with small portions. My meal was fine, but not good enough to justify the expense. I would have rather eaten at one of the supurb restaurants at the Ritz Carlton for what we spent. And yes, the restaurant it is located right on the water, and I am sure the sunsets are amazing, but if you come to eat a later dinner, as we did, you can not see the ocean or anything else outside. I can say the service was excellent and the woman who served us did an amazing job attending to such a large party. On the whole though, there are other better restaurants in Grand Cayman that I would rather spend my money on next time.

1 Thank Nicholas H
Athens
“brings back so many fond memories - i love this place”
Reviewed April 27, 2009

my father lived in the grand cayman and every year I insisted on eating here. it was my favourite place on the island. the atmosphere is great especially for dinner. my dish was the broiled lobster with butter and it was great each time. the service was always friendly and welcoming.
it is a little expensive but worth it considering the experience you get from it. i LOVE it!