“truly local”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Brasserie

The Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 115 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Baltimore, Maryland
“truly local”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

You can't appreciate this place until you see the gardens and realize every tree in the parking lot produces food for your plate. It is truly amazing! If you like to support local and sustainable business, you have to go. If you want to see how to do it, just look around before or after your meal.
The fish is the freshist on the island (they have their own boats, and only catch what is not endangered) and their mixed drinks are unique and varied (syrups and fruits, of course, come from righ there).
They have a tasting menu that is a great demonstration of varied dishes, and with the wine by the glass, a good value for the dollar.
Service is very good and the manager was extremely friendly and spent a half hour after our meal giving us a tour and explaination of the gardens.
There is live music at the bar, which can be loud, so be careful where you sit if you don't want to listen. There is also a seating area "outside" which is screened in.
There is no view, and this is in downtown Georgetown. You are likely to see the locals eating there after the banks close.
Worth the short drive from the Seven Mile Beach.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful fresh food!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Our dinner was delicious, even though my tenderloin was cooked more than I like. I had the last piece of beef wellington available, but it was melt-in-your-mouth and very tasty. Fresh vegetables and herbs from their raised bed gardens and fresh fish caught by their own fishing boats. Prices were a bit steep though.

Sao Paulo, SP
“Should there be 2 reasons to visit Cayman, Brasserie is one!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

A perfect mix of fair enough prices, distinguished environment, outstanding service and, mainly, an awesome food makes The Brasserie, likely, the best in the island. We spent a couple days in the island and, as usual, we research for the best in the island. Brasserie ranked #1st in our opinion, followed by a must-go Over the Edge - very good dishes, local taste and cheap and the attracting Edoardo's (good enough to deserve a try). Out of the very expensive restaurants at the resorts, regardless how much good some of them are, like Blue @ Ritz (where we were guests), Brasserie leads this list of which we consider must-go for outstanding lunch/dinner experiences.

“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I met here for a nice afternoon lunch and really enjoyed it. He got the grilled romaine hearts to start and they were ok, I did try them. He for his main course got the Angus burger and I got the chicken alfredo. We both enjoyed our lunch and the ambience is relaxing. There were lots of business people meeting for lunch, yet it didn't feel overcrowded, which was a nice. The service was also great, which is something I look for when dining out. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a great meal, service and if you are short on time. They also have a market, where you can get your lunch even faster if your time is really limited. Enjoy!!

Charlotte
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere and variety”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

When at home or on vacation we like the local fare from people who help sustainable agriculture and farming and The Brasserie was right in line with our expectations. The service was attentive and well explained. We enjoyed an appetizer of oxtail tacos and heirloom tomatos & mozzarella salad. Then we split the red snapper open faced sandwich to which I added their pickled scotch bonnets for a little tangy zing. For a finisher we had two cappuccinos from people who obviously understand integrated foam and a shared dessert of sticky toffee pudding. The sauce, brandied dates and ice cream were amazing while the pudding/cake was a bit dry--needed more soak time but all in all very well presented.

I'm never a fan of added gratuity especially when it's 2 people dining but they did it and I deal. I like the european standard of tipping a lot better but that's my gripes USA or not.

It's not on the water, the outdoor seating seems limited or special case only and its tucked away in a bit of a corporate center. If you can deal with those as well the meal and atmosphere will draw you back. I can tell you this alone, I'll be back tomorrow for another cappuccino. :D

• Visited January 2013