“Should there be 2 reasons to visit Cayman, Brasserie is one!”
Review of The Brasserie

The Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 118 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Caribbean, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Sao Paulo, SP
“Should there be 2 reasons to visit Cayman, Brasserie is one!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

A perfect mix of fair enough prices, distinguished environment, outstanding service and, mainly, an awesome food makes The Brasserie, likely, the best in the island. We spent a couple days in the island and, as usual, we research for the best in the island. Brasserie ranked #1st in our opinion, followed by a must-go Over the Edge - very good dishes, local taste and cheap and the attracting Edoardo's (good enough to deserve a try). Out of the very expensive restaurants at the resorts, regardless how much good some of them are, like Blue @ Ritz (where we were guests), Brasserie leads this list of which we consider must-go for outstanding lunch/dinner experiences.

• Visited February 2013

George Town, Grand Cayman
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I met here for a nice afternoon lunch and really enjoyed it. He got the grilled romaine hearts to start and they were ok, I did try them. He for his main course got the Angus burger and I got the chicken alfredo. We both enjoyed our lunch and the ambience is relaxing. There were lots of business people meeting for lunch, yet it didn't feel overcrowded, which was a nice. The service was also great, which is something I look for when dining out. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a great meal, service and if you are short on time. They also have a market, where you can get your lunch even faster if your time is really limited. Enjoy!!

• Visited February 2013
Charlotte
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere and variety”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

When at home or on vacation we like the local fare from people who help sustainable agriculture and farming and The Brasserie was right in line with our expectations. The service was attentive and well explained. We enjoyed an appetizer of oxtail tacos and heirloom tomatos & mozzarella salad. Then we split the red snapper open faced sandwich to which I added their pickled scotch bonnets for a little tangy zing. For a finisher we had two cappuccinos from people who obviously understand integrated foam and a shared dessert of sticky toffee pudding. The sauce, brandied dates and ice cream were amazing while the pudding/cake was a bit dry--needed more soak time but all in all very well presented.

I'm never a fan of added gratuity especially when it's 2 people dining but they did it and I deal. I like the european standard of tipping a lot better but that's my gripes USA or not.

It's not on the water, the outdoor seating seems limited or special case only and its tucked away in a bit of a corporate center. If you can deal with those as well the meal and atmosphere will draw you back. I can tell you this alone, I'll be back tomorrow for another cappuccino. :D

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Andy C
Albany, NY
“Can't beat the Monday deal”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Brasserie has some of our favorite food on the island. Every dish is flavorful and unique. Their catch of the day comes from their own boats and the chef adds just enough to make it exciting but allows the fish to speak for itself.

On Monday nights they have a 3 course menu that comes with a full bottle of wine that is $90/couple. You can't beat the food for that price. Even when the items on that menu don't catch my eye, they blow me away when I taste them.

Visited January 2013
North Carolina
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We always look forward to eating here. This is my brother's favorite restaurant! The food is very delicious, fresh, and innovative, and the wait staff is very friendly and professional. Visit the herb garden and enjoy the smells! Sit outside on Wednesday night for burgers and beers special or enjoy a romantic dinner inside Monday-Friday. Make sure you call for reservations! This restaurant is consistently excellent!

• Visited January 2013