“Great atmosphere and variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Brasserie

The Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 115 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Charlotte
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere and variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

When at home or on vacation we like the local fare from people who help sustainable agriculture and farming and The Brasserie was right in line with our expectations. The service was attentive and well explained. We enjoyed an appetizer of oxtail tacos and heirloom tomatos & mozzarella salad. Then we split the red snapper open faced sandwich to which I added their pickled scotch bonnets for a little tangy zing. For a finisher we had two cappuccinos from people who obviously understand integrated foam and a shared dessert of sticky toffee pudding. The sauce, brandied dates and ice cream were amazing while the pudding/cake was a bit dry--needed more soak time but all in all very well presented.

I'm never a fan of added gratuity especially when it's 2 people dining but they did it and I deal. I like the european standard of tipping a lot better but that's my gripes USA or not.

It's not on the water, the outdoor seating seems limited or special case only and its tucked away in a bit of a corporate center. If you can deal with those as well the meal and atmosphere will draw you back. I can tell you this alone, I'll be back tomorrow for another cappuccino. :D

1 Thank Andy C

Albany, NY
“Can't beat the Monday deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Brasserie has some of our favorite food on the island. Every dish is flavorful and unique. Their catch of the day comes from their own boats and the chef adds just enough to make it exciting but allows the fish to speak for itself.

On Monday nights they have a 3 course menu that comes with a full bottle of wine that is $90/couple. You can't beat the food for that price. Even when the items on that menu don't catch my eye, they blow me away when I taste them.

Visited January 2013
North Carolina
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We always look forward to eating here. This is my brother's favorite restaurant! The food is very delicious, fresh, and innovative, and the wait staff is very friendly and professional. Visit the herb garden and enjoy the smells! Sit outside on Wednesday night for burgers and beers special or enjoy a romantic dinner inside Monday-Friday. Make sure you call for reservations! This restaurant is consistently excellent!

Thank welovevacations!NC
“Fresh, local and sustainable fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

The Brasserie at Cricket Square in Georgetown Grand Cayman is an incredible find! The atmosphere is lovely and the food fresh and deliciously creative. The local fish is caught daily on their own boats. The vegetables and herbs come from the large garden right outside their door! One night there we had delicious fresh mahi mahi, and another we enjoyed grouper caught that morning. A definite recommendation for a memorable meal.

Pennsylvania
“My favorite during our five night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our first trip to GC and I worked hard to pick restaurants that were known for good food but were also kid friendly or had some entertainment during dinner. The Brasserie was hands down my favorite meal due to the fresh ingredients, innovative menu, and delicious entrees. We did not try the "tasting" but I'm sure it is fabulous. They also have different specials each week (ie: burger night, taco night, drink specials as well as live entertainment certain evenings) so check before you go. Obviously, their fresh fish (from their own boats each day) would always be a good choice but also try their brushetta which is fabulous.
The restaurant is a bit off the beaten path if you are staying in Seven Mile Beach (it took a bit of driving through Georgetown to find it), but worth the trip. The pretty outside lighting and nice ambiance in the restaurant add to the great experience.

3 Thank tla306