“Good Food, Great Atmosphere”

Rackam's Waterfront Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 119 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Caribbean, International, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Description: Rackams Waterfront in george town is a beautiful rustic open air waterfront property. featuring ocean views and spectacular sunsets.The restaurant is built on natural wood decking surrounded by lush greenery.We are just a two minute walk from the heart of George Town the capital Cayman islands.Rackams is a great place for snorkeling too! From our ladder swim with the tarpon or enjoy a short swim to the wreck of the Cail. Bring the kids they will love the tarpon feeding every night at 7:30pm.Rackams was named after the notorious flamboyant pirate Calico Jack Rackham who as legend has it was one of the first pirates set foot in the Cayman Islands See you soon ; )
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Good local restaurant. Atmosphere is fun. Tarpon feeding in the evening makes for an interesitng sideshow! Must try curry french fries.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,254)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We ate here after walking all the way to La Dolce Vita from the cruise terminal, only to discover it didnt open until 5. Rackam's was reccomended by our snorkeling guide, who described it was great food if you want something more American, with Carribean flaire, and that's exactly what it was. Its on the water, you have a view of the cruise ships from the outside seating area. I ordered the indian dish, it was really very delicious, my husband enjoyed his snapper and the kids ordered burgers. We spent $100 for lunch, which I thought was pretty pricey (included two beers each), but I guess the whole snapper is pretty cher anywhere you go and generally speaking, Georgetown is not a cheap place to eat. The bathrooms had a god awful smell (sewer system would be my guess) but were clean. Overall,I would reccomend Rackam's to anyone visiting the area, especially over the touristy places like Margaritaville.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

A little rough around the edges, but the food was very very good. The waterside cafe/bar is right at the top of downtown, offering tarpon feeding at 7:30. Fun to watch. The menu offers lots of fish dishes, along with a pile of good appetizers. I had a bowl of corn chowder, it was very good. I went with the recommendations of many, fish and chips. The french fries were mundane, they really could have done more. But the fish itself was delicious. Very moist, fresh, done very well. The wife had the special fish dish, also very well done.

Good service, not great, but our waitress had other redeeming qualities that most men do enjoy. She was delightful !

1  Thank saunterer
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I would suggest eating here. It's between Seven Mile Beach and Georgetown. Very romantic and great view of the bay. Food is great and the setting is amazing. If you're there during the day make sure you look into the water...there are some huge fish you can see.

1  Thank Matt C
Reviewed December 31, 2012

After the morning swimming with stingrays, this restaurant was recommended by our boat skipper. We sat on the sofas at the back overhanging the sea, watching divers, swimmers and people snorkelling. It was so relaxing, drinking Corona in the shade.
My husband had a prawn salad, I had deep fried prawns. Both dishes were heavenly. I would go back tomorrow if I could.
The only downfall was getting back on our scabby Carnival Cruise ship afterwards.
Oh well, you can't have it all.