“Great view of port”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Pizza, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Not only do you get a great view of the port while enjoying your cocktails But the also have good eats. I had a pizza there that I wish I could buy back home. Good food, good drinks, fair value & a greta view.

There are newer reviews for Breezes Bistro ~ Tropical Grill & Rhum Deck

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My friends and I stopped into Breezes one evening for dinner. It was getting late - the cruise ships were gone and most of the shops were closed up, but Breezes was still open. Because it wasn't crowded, we were given a good share of attention. The prices were not bad... we were offered specials at a pretty good price (drinks included), which we took advantage of. The pizza was delicious. Shrimp and chips were very good too. And the jerk chicken salad was enough for two people. The drinks (we all ordered the Hurricane) were also very good. The atmosphere was nice and offered a great view as well. I can see how this place would be very busy when cruise ships are in port as it is right across from the docks. I guess we were fortunate to have the place mostly to ourselves. But even after a long busy day, the staff was so friendly and our server was especially helpful.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

So, it's not the best on the island. Not even close.

However, if you want a good view and a large portion for an average to high price...it's not a bad choice.

I would probably recommend Rackam's (past the cruise terminal), Paradise (green building with snorkeling written on the roof) or a hole in the wall local joint over this place. It's very touristy, but that's what makes it convenient.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

While here on vacation we decided to try this place. We met Anthony and kept coming back. Everyone here seemed very friendly as well. Wonderful pizza! I would definitely come back the next time we're here.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Breezes is located directly across from the pier where you'll land if coming in by cruise ship. As such, it gets very full very fast.

First off, let's talk about the good parts. The food is reasonably priced and pretty tasty although nothing special compared to other stuff we've eaten in islands. If you sit outside, you'll have a great view of the bay, the town and the ships, it's a great spot to people watch. Drinks are also reasonable and tasty.

Now the problems... They're a bit disorganized at the door, so your table will get snarfed if you're not careful and just a little aggressive when it's crowded. Do not have everyone at the table go to the bathroom at once or you'll return to find your stuff gone and new people at your table.

Also as with many places in the Caribbean, the laid back caribbean pace means if there's a crowd, things are going to be slow. Your food is going to take a while to come out, and you may have to pounce a waiter to get a refill. After our meal, we didn't see a waiter for over 15 minutes and finally just went to the register without our check as we wanted to get out and onto the beach.

Most boats are not in Cayman for long, so I'd skip Breezes on any return trips, takes too much of valuable shore time just to get fed. If I'm going to wait on food and such, i'd rather be sitting on a beach while doing so.