“Grand Cayman Visit”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Pizza, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Beautiful scenery, great location on the bay, fair food and service was provided on our visit to the restaurant.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Located on the George Town harbour-front Breezes is in an enviable location. It caters mostly to the daytime cruise ship passengers. A cheap and tacky decor mixed with average (at best) and unexciting food food means it's not really worth climbing the stairs. The best thing is the view - but many other places have that too!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our cruise ship stopped off in Grand Cayman. I didn't have $20m to drop in a bank, I wasn't after a Rolex or two, and I didn't want to buy any expensive. We decided to find lunch. Our first thought was to try Jimmy Buffett's but the music coming out of the place was so loud and of a type that we just didn't care for, we decided against it. Instead, we ended up across the street at a place that actually had and atmosphere and music that we expected from a Jimmy Buffetts.

Breezes By the Bay is a solid place to have lunch. We went up the stairs and were seated immediately. The staff is very friendly, we ordered drinks and had them well before we could start to wonder about island time. We ordered the jerk burgers. The sandwiches came, with a side of jerk mayo. Try the burger before using the mayo, you may find yourself grabbing for extra water. If the burger is good as is, use the mayo for the fries. If you like burgers that will have you breathing fire, apply the mayo. I did.

Eat here, you will get a tropical atmosphere and not pay for the expensive vanity of a celebrity name and may save yourself the headache of overly loud urban music. Lunch came to about $40 for my wife and I.

As far as the Caymans go, it's not the Bahamas, it has a different focus, this is not the Caribbean, this is kind of like a Bank of America and Rodeo Drive combined with an island theme.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Awesome view and friendly service but terrible food. I had the Jerk Chicken - local dish - came out obviously old, dry and off.

Might be ok on a busy day but the food really let it down.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I've been to a number of different countries and stop at a lot of different places to eat, but Breezes by the Bay was just a total ripoff, first off I understand I was in a foreign country and their money is slightly stronger than the American dollar but 2 burgers, a beer and a mixed drink shouldn't be over 56 dollars American. The service was substandard and the food wasn't that great anyways. If you have time (not that we had) find somewhere authentic and native to eat. I sure wish I had, I will never go back and be sure to tell everyone I can to steer clear of this place! Visited on 5 December 2012