“A REAL FIND” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Byrdir Farmhouse and Studio

Byrdir Farmhouse and Studio
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dyffryn Ardudwy
Byrdir Farmhouse and Studio
england
“A REAL FIND”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

this was our first trip to Byrdir and it was excellent great breakfast,great views, great hosts not great weather but booked a return trip so maybe next time !!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

We've been to Snowdonia a number of times and we love the wild beauty of the place but this is our first time at Byrdir. I cant compliment this place enough.

We stayed in 'Ty Gwair', one of the studio cottages which was just perfect for us. The old haybarn has been converted vey nicely. There's a seating area downstairs with a nice fire, a small kitchen area and a shower room with wc. The bed deck is up in the roof of the barn. The ladder leading up to bed is quite steep so may not suit older people. But I know having asked Gwion about the other barns that there are other studios that would suit my parents for example.

What else can I say. Great value, the breakfasts which are served in the main house were divine. The hosts are friendly and as ever in Snowdonia, the views were to die for. I know everybody says so. But we will be back. (And we dont often do that)

Room Tip: We thought Ty Gwair ws great
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SteveJ67
Methley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

My family and I had the pleasure of staying with Gwion and Louise at Byrdir farm for 4 nights in June 2011. A little bit off the beaten track ( which is another reason why it was soooooooooo wonderful ), as soon as we arrived Gwion greeted us and very kindly offered to put my sons bikes in his shed.
We stayed in one of the original cow sheds and it was a delight. My husband and I slept in the twin beds downstairs and my boys 12 and 14 slept in the mezzanine loft . We had a little kitchenette with kettle, sink, microwave and fridge and I could easily rustle up something to eat in the evenings. If short of any utensils Gwion and Louise were more than happy to lend us whatever ever we you needed. I did have a picnic hamper with me and used the plates out of there whihc was good. We had wonderful views of the countryside and sea and at night the beds were sooo comfortable we slept and slept. ( could hear the owls occasionally which was a real treat).
Breakfast in the morning was just right with gorgeous fresh local yoguarts,cereal and Louise's special breakfast cooked to perfection by Louise and served cheerfully every morning by Gwion.
Gwion ensured the boys had enough scraps in the morning to feed the 3 pigs which was hilarious and we were all soon fighting over who should feed the pigs in the morning. Dell was the delectable sheep dog who was always so pleased to see us, following us and play. It was really entertaining watching her attempting to round up the ducks. My Uncle stayed in main farmhouse and that was equally as charming.
I was pleasantly suprised by Barmouth and the scenary generally was stunning with Harlech Castle, beaches and Port Merion just up the road.
We all had a wonderful holiday and cannot wait to return. Thankyou sooooo much to Gwion and Louise - it was like staying with friends but more relaxing!

Room Tip: It depends what your accomodation needs are
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank aniMethley
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

My fourth visit in three years and yet again I wasn't disappointed. I always stop and think before posting a Trip Advisor review for Byrdir cos part of me wants to keep this place a secret. You always receive a warm and enthusiastic welcome from the owners Gwion and Louise. Book one of the self-catering studios and combine the benefits of your own front door and lounge/kitchenette area with someone else to cook you a nice big breakfast! This is the best B&B I have ever stayed in and by far the lowest priced.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank blackdiamondexpress
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

To be honest, I didn't really know much about Byrdir before we arrived (my other half had booked the stay, I'd just nodded and agreed) but I was absolutely delighted with her choice.

OK, so it's a little off the beaten path, but nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Our room was, I think, the smallest of the accommodation yet there was still ample space, it was very comfortable and had everything we needed including beautiful views across the fields to the coast and beyond.

Louise and Gwion were perfect hosts, always happy to help, always happy to offer suggestions, just always happy!

It's a perfect place to explore the region and ideal for walking, biking and generally relaxing. Go there and enjoy!

Room Tip: Choose any, I'm sure they are all excellent!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank neilbowness
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

A gorgeous place to stay, up a narrow country road, in a beautiful part of North Wales. We had one of the studio apartments (in the renovated outhouses) and also a room in the main farmhouse. The rooms were comfortable and had everything you might need, and some treats like a decanter of sherry! Breakfast was delicious, with a large range of cereals and fruit and yogurt, and a cooked breakfast with just the right amount of food - and again some treats you don't get everywhere, like fingers of fried bread and a potato and bean dish. Gwion and Louise are friendly and generous hosts, and we were genuinely sorry to have to leave this small slice of heaven behind and go home!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DeiseBlowIn
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

We stayed in "Stabal" which is a converted stable with a ladder up to your bed . Nice and quirky , you are left alone by the friendly owners and can come and go as you please
The breakfast is excellent and this is a good base to visit Barmouth, Harlech & we went as far as Aberystwyth. You have a nice gas fire ,portable TV, microwave and fridge, We found it really cosy and would definitely recommend it . You do need a car , although we did walk down to the local pub one night ...but only the once and took the car the next times!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple