Wonderful! I spent a week and stayed with friends. I recommend the following.
- I dived with Don Fosters (Casaurina Point), excellent service, very friendly and professional. Diving with the sting rays (and huge green eel) at Stingray City was an amazing experience.
- Rum point is beautiful! Relax on sunbeds or hammocks. Just buy a drink/meal. 40 minute drive from George Town (and away from cruise ship passengers). Drive down the 'Kai' and admire the houses and the great house names.
- If you're there on a Friday night, pay $15 for a sunset cruise on a catamaran with Red Sail Sports, price includes chicken wings, just buy drinks. A relaxing way to start the weekend.
- Pedro St James. Excellent audio visual explanation of the 'Great House', it's history and significant, about 20 minutes from capital.
- Botanical gardens. Beautiful, chance to see iguanas if you haven't seen them in the 'wild'.
- Avoid the capital on cruise ship days (Tuesday-Thursday), it's totally different on other days, quiet and uncrowded.
Definitely recommend GC if you like relaxing in the hot weather.