All reviews blue iguana seven mile beach grand caymanian golf course shuttle service free shuttle full kitchen bit out of the way the holiday inn large bedroom service provided by the staff super bowl party sandy area flat screen exercise room poolside bar washer dryer
Selected filters
Reviewed March 26, 2019

We have stayed elsewhere but really liked this facility. The balcony offered privacy and the grounds were well-kept. We did not use the pool, but it looked inviting. Staff was very accommodating and friendly.

Room tip: The room was spacious.
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GrandCaymanian345, Manager at Grand Caymanian Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff provided great service. We hope to see you return.

Reviewed March 26, 2019

I booked this hotel because it was literally the cheapest place I could find with a kitchen on Grand Cayman for my dive trip in March of 2019. I was expecting a kind of shabby condo, maybe looking at a parking lot or something. My condo was really nice - SS appliances, granite counters, spacious, with a view of the ocean and a golf course. The air conditioning was great, water pressure was great, and they gave you shampoo and soap, which I was a little worried about with it being a condo and all. Housekeeping came every day, but the service was kind of so-so. For example, they'd "wash" the dishes, but the dishes were still pretty gross so I'd have to wash them again. In fact, all the kitchen equipment needed a good cleaning, and the equipment was kind of basic and low quality. It's fine if all you're making is frozen pizzas and toast, but if you want to actually make a dinner the equipment is sub-par. Knives that bend instead of cutting, no mixing bowls, no cutting board (though I did get one upon request), etc. They provide only salt and pepper, you have to buy your own oil, etc. and while there is also a washer dryer you have to bring your own detergent if you want to use it.
The resort is kind of far from anything else, you drive a few miles through a neighborhood and past a golf course to get there, so forget about walking to dinner every night. There is a restaurant onsite which was pretty decent. The pool and poolside bar...well we never went. It wasn't terribly impressive, and there was no nightlife around whatsoever. It is not on a beach though they do have a sandy area at the edge of the harbor, so if you're a lay on the beach type of person you may be disappointed.
Despite the remote location, you could totally stay here without renting a car (though we did rent a car). You would have to pay for a taxi to/from the airport, but the resort has a shuttle which will take you to the grocery store, seven mile beach, or Georgetown during certain hours of the day.
All that said, we were here for one thing only: scuba diving. You can dive with divetech, which has a shop onsite, and most dive ops on the island will pick you up if you don't have a car. For a dive vacation, it was great. There was ample room in the shower to rinse out our wetsuits and we were able to dry them on the balcony every day. All in all, this was a great place to stay that allowed us to blow our money on scuba diving instead of lodging.

Room tip: Rooms are very spacious. Bring spices and a bit of laundry detergent if you don't want to have to buy these things when you arrive.
Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing some words with your follow travelers! We are happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed your dive vacation. We hope to see you return should your travels bring you back to Grand Cayman!

Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the island this resort is a great place to relax, watch beautiful sunrises and golf. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. The courtyard is beautiful!

Trip type: Traveled with family
GrandCaymanian345, Manager at Grand Caymanian Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

It is fantastic to learn that you fully enjoyed your Grand Cayman vacation with us at the Grand Caymanian Resort. We are glad you found comfort and relaxation in your accommodations. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Reviewed March 19, 2019

Recently remodeled and very good value. Rooms are large, as is pool. Restaurant could use updating but food is consistently good. Hotel has a private sandy beach on North Sound and has jet ski rentals.

Date of stay: November 2018

Hi Jim S, Thank you for taking the time to review the Grand Caymanian Resort. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our upgrades and spaciaous accommodations. We are also happy to let you know that our restaurant is scheduled to be updated later this Fall! We hope to welcome you back again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed March 6, 2019

Just come back from visiting this resort and I'm aware it's now common practice for some resorts to hold payment on your card in case of damages etc. When I arrived I was informed of this and told £150 would be help on my card, this would be returned to me on leaving. Once home I checked my account and the resort have taken £117.76 from my account?

I ensured all food and beverages were paid for upon ordering and did not leave the room in disarray. Have now emailed the resort on two separate occasions and they have still not returned my funds.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Linda C

Hi Linda, First we would like to thank you for choosing the Grand Caymanian Resort! I have followed up with both our Front Office Manager and Accounts Manager and they have confirmed that this has been rectified and the funds were released. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us a second chance to serve you again in Grand Cayman.