“Was I dreaming?”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Was I dreaming?”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Was I really riding a gentle horse on a clear, fresh Cayman morning, one of only four people on a beautiful beach? Swimming out into the warm surf, feeling the strength of the horse beneath me? You have to do this...share the dream!

Great outfit. They really care about their horses...and take care to make the dream a reality.

1 Thank NancyR66N

Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible experience”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This experience made my trip. We went on a horseback riding excursion on our stop in Grand Cayman with Carnival Cruise. I wish I had spent all my time here rather than on the cruise. The Islands are beautiful, safe, clean and unique. CS Stables is a beautiful establishment. The owner works directly with the guests and is a friendly and transparent man. He informed us on the history of his business and the ways of the Islands. The horses are horses he has bred himself from thoroughbred and work horse parents to create a great "Island Horse." My horse was named Blondie. She was beautiful and easy to ride. It was my first experience and riding the horse was as easy as driving a car. She responded readily to my directions. Needless to say I enjoyed it very much. I'm glad for the experience. I appreciate and admire the business and the people who run it. I would definitely recommend this horseback riding experience. I hope to return in the future.

Katy, Texas, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great riding experience!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

What a great experience! Scheduling was easily handled via email and we were able to quickly find a time that worked with our schedule. We arrived early after having been at Dolphin Cove (another great experience) and a quick stop in Hell not yet having had lunch. Luckily our guides had just arrived and provided a great suggestion for a quick lunch with local flavor at Paddle In. Great lunch with most reasonable prices we've paid on the island. Arriving back at the meeting place near the beach, we were impressed with how healthy and well cared for the horses are. Having ridden in Mexico, Costa Rica, and several places in the US, this was very pleasing to see. We chose to do the beach ride and sim and were happy we did. The summing experience was incredible and our guides kept us in the water for quite some time. We observed groups from other stables who simply walked out about shoulder deep on the horse and stood around then back out within 5 minutes, our experience was so much better! The scenery was beautiful and the guides were friendly and helpful, don't miss this experience!

Golden, Colorado
“Ride and Swim was Excellent!!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Our group of four booked the ride and swim based on other reviews and they did not disappoint! We arrived about 20 minutes early for our 9 am ride and the guide took us right out. Ride was perfect length for our group (we don't ride very often), not too long and not too short. Our guide took the time to take individual pictures, then moved the horses around for couples and group pictures too. He even took my camera while we were swimming the horses and we ended up with some great shots! Horses were gentle and appeared very well cared for : ) I highly recommend bringing your own waterproof camera for the ride and swim. If we find ourselves in Grand Cayman again we will definitely book another ride with Coral Stone Stables. - Lindsay T.

Visited November 2012
Rock Hill, SC
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We just returned from Grand Cayman and while there booked a swim with the horses through Coral Stone Stables. I checked out a few places before booking with them and felt they were the best fit for us. The ride before us did run late because of a cruise ship coming into port late, but that was ok. Not their fault. Noland the owner was so sweet and helpful! I believe our guides name was Warren. He was very friendly and knowledgable. The horses were beautiful and very well taken care of. The ride lasted about 2 1/2 hours. We rode out of the West Bay location along the beach to a spot were we dismounted and removed the saddles before the swim. None of the horses hesistated to get in the water. We swam out about 50 yards from the beach. Our guide took our cameras and began taking pictures of us riding in the water. We even got a show from some kite surfers while out there. The horses really seemed to enjoy being out in the water and cooling off. The view and water are unbelievable! When we finished the swim we went back to shore, resaddled, and rode back down the beach. This was one of the highlites of our trip! You can tell they really love doing this for us tourists and they really love their horses. They gave them water and let them rest between rides. There were 7 in our group, me being the only experienced rider. All of us had a great time. Be sure to bring cash to pay them. The atm is very far away. Also wear longer shorts or pants to cover your thigh area or you will get rubbed. Water shoes are recommended for the swim ride. The turtle farm and hell are very close to this ride location also.

Visited July 2012