“Rushed and childish”
Review of Cayman Kayaks

Cayman Kayaks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Cayman Kayaks offers Bioluminescent Tours by Electric Boat or Kayak. Experience Cayman's ONLY electric custom bio boat for this unique tour. Or take an adventure on our two person guided kayak tours. Our Bioluminescent Tours meet at Rum Point Club, far left side of the Rum Point Club property. You will not want to miss out on this magical and memorizing experience!
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The bioluminescence is amazing and I was glad we were able to experience it. I did feel that the tour was rushed so they could squeeze 3 trips in per night to make more money during the holidays. I also felt the tour guide catered to children even thought there were 2 on our trip. He knew his subject but It felt like kayaking with Mr. Rodgers.

1  Thank ogiemom
cayman_kayaks_ltd, Manager at Cayman Kayaks, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2015

More guides have been hired to take the demand of the clients.

Tour groups have gotten smaller to give a more personalised tour.

Only two tours are offered and the times have changed slightly to allow the guest to be at ease and not feel rushed.

The tour guides have all seen this review and have been informed to cater to all guests and not just the kids.

Thanks for your review

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great easy paddle to the bay where you can learn about this amazing and unique plankton. The waters glow and you can light up and handful of water up close. Great informative tour with guides that are accomadating knowledgable and care about protecting this delicate ecosystem. A must do activity when on cayman

2  Thank Minneapolisrobert

Thank you for the raving review!
We look forward to having you back in the near future,

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Seeing the bioluminescent algae is about the coolest thing ever - and Cayman Kayaks made the experience an enjoyable and educational one! Loved our guide, Tom, his personality and knowledge made the kayaking trip even better. We were well taken care of and loved seeing such an amazing natural phenomenon. Would highly recommend Cayman Kayaks.

2  Thank bookworm11122
cayman_kayaks_ltd, Tom at Cayman Kayaks, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

"We were well taken care"

Thanks for sharing your review of Cayman Kayaks!

"Seeing the bioluminescent algae is about the coolest thing ever"

The coolest thing ever! I would have to agree!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had a wonderful time on the morning wildlife tour this morning. Tom has great chilled enthusiasm for the island he's a great guide. I came on my own and felt really welcome (I was lucky as I had a lovely group). We learnt a lot about the eco system and saw some weird and wonderful things. A great start to the morning. Once youre up this way Tom gave me some great tips of areas to snorkel and paddle board and of course you can go to the botanic gardens mastic trail on your way back to town. Thank you. Emily

2  Thank justbelieve_wb

Hey Emily,

Thanks for joining the Morning Mangrove Tour!

I'm happy you felt welcomed and enjoyed "some weird and wonderful things" Cayman has to offer.

All the best to you!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have always wanted to do this, but didn't know it even existed in Grand Cayman. It was beyond my wildest dreams. Truly a surreal experience. Company was great as well. Safe and punctual, they even opened up an extra late night tour so that my group and I could fit it in before our departure the following day. Don't miss out on this!

1  Thank GlobalGator28

"It was beyond my wildest dreams. Truly a surreal experience."

Wow that good? Awesome! Thanks for making this a 5 star!

"Safe and punctual, they even opened up an extra late night tour so that my group and I could fit it in before our departure the following day."

We are a small company with private group sizes 14 max per tour (7 double kayaks). If you are looking for larger groups we can take up to 28 guests, but they will be taken by two separate guides to ensure top quality.

Thank for your review and sharing your experience!