Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
The boat is best alternative to kayaking

Reviewed 5 days ago
Judy M
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Awesome Experience!!

Reviewed 1 week ago
arbinnc
Charlotte, North Carolina

All reviews bioluminescence tour bio bay rum point kayak trip electric boat bioluminescent organisms clear night shooting stars magical experience places in the world new moon great guide disco shrimp once in a lifetime night tour would highly recommend this tour fish
Reviewed 5 days ago

We loved the boat as not very good kayakers. Reservation confusion was only issue but they let the two of us go with a party of 9 that even had a van from Sunset House.

Owner/captain/guide of the boat which he had designed was knowlegable of biolumenensce and astronomy. He added greatly to the experience. Much better experience than in Puerto Rico. Too bad the organisms like this bay surrounded by nice houses and light.

Reviewed 1 week ago

My friends and I did the Bioluminescent Kayak Tour. It was absolutely amazing. I never knew that this area of Grand Cayman existed. I have been visiting Grand Cayman for 22 years and had never heard of this tour. I was very excited to find something new to do on the island and would recommend it to everyone!! The employees that took us out were very knowledgeable and fun!!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Totally amazing tour, worth every moment! Our tour guide Tom was very knowledgeable, and couldn’t have been more helpful. We stopped on our kayak out to the ‘bio bay’ to look at the stars and various constellations as it was a lovely clear night. Once in the bay he gave us various tips to make the most of our bio luminescence experience - and what an amazing experience it was!! On the paddle back we stopped to look at a certain type of jellyfish that live on the bottom of this bay. Really interesting and thoroughly enjoyable! Also, a tip I found in the local ‘Explore Cayman’ magazine - if you check in on FB with Cayman Kayaks before the tour you get $5 per person discount (when paying cash). Well worth it for a family of 5! Thanks Tom and Cayman Kayaks for a night we’ll remember for a long time!

Reviewed October 11, 2018

The second of two simply unforgettable events on this island. We spent an absolutely stunning 90 mins with Thom on the electric boat. What a hoot! Thom took something simple and interesting and just turned it into an unforgettable event. A dark night a black boat, disco shrimp, fish moving through the biomass. Dangling your feet in the water creates such an effect that you can really play with. 11/10.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

This was an amazing and unique experience! Tom knew so much about the ecosystem and was awesome with the children in the family on our boat. We had such a great time playing with the sparkling magic waters of rum point!

Reviewed September 19, 2018

I would highly recommend doing this. It was fun and informative. Taking pictures on the tour is absolutely pointless as the bio-luminescence does not show up on any camera. I tired with my phone as well as my go pro and nothing showed up. That means you have to go and experience it your self as it was very cool to see!

Reviewed September 14, 2018

There are only 5 bays in the world like this. It is a must. Tom makes sure to protect the bay so it will be here for the future. Please only use Tom's business. He was knowledgeable and took the time to tell us what he was doing and why. I am not sure why the pictures show you swimming in the water as there are jellyfish.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Our tour guide Marty was phenomenal. He was very patient, knowledgeable and fun! Would definitely recommend going on this tour!!!

Reviewed August 26, 2018

My husband and I visited in April and this was definitely one of the highlights of our trip! Bioluminescent plankton cannot be found everywhere in the world so if you're visiting Grand Cayman, we really recommend checking this tour out as it is a rare experience. This experience will truly make you appreciate Mother Nature so much more :) The tour guide was knowledgeable & friendly, and we loved how passionate he was about the subject. We appreciated how environmentally conscious the company is and specifically chose them for that reason. Pease adhere to the tour company's request and make sure to remove all foreign lotions/chemicals prior to the tour in order to preserve the plankton and its environment for future generations to come!

**NOTE! Bioluminescent glow is brightest in the dark so the darker it is, the brighter the glow. Due to this, our tour guide informed us that the tours scheduled based on the moon's cycle as the moon's brightness dulls the bioluminescent glow. If this tour is something you really want to do while you're out there, keep this in mind!

2  Thank HashtagBonvoyage2018
Reviewed August 24, 2018

Our family of five doesn't always agree on the same adventures. We had heard great things about the Bioluminescent tours on Grand Cayman, so we thought we would give it a try. We booked the 9pm tour on the darkest night of the week based on the moon.

From start to finish this was a great tour! Booking was easy, communication was clear. We arrived at the designated time at Rum Point. Everyone there was broken up into small groups to go with their own tour guide. I believe we had 5 kayaks in our group which was a very manageable size. Our awesome guide was Marty - who was very outgoing and full of lots of great stories and information about more than just the bioluminesce. We paddled out to the bay in the dark - thought I might be scared, but not at all. Marty stopped to inform the group of different pieces of information along the way. He would stop us to let us know what we could expect up ahead and then there was the bay. It was truly amazing - it can't be described and sadly can't be photographed. Or maybe that was a great thing, because it is something you just have to see for yourself - very mesmerizing.

In addition to viewing that, he pointed out the fish swimming and stirring up the bioluminescence under the water - and also the fish jumping out of the water. We pulled over to the side and got a little education on the jelly fish that live in the bay and Marty even got out of the kayak to find two of them for us to observe.

Because it was such a dark and clear night, we also pulled over to the side at one point and got an astronomy lesson. It is so dark in that area that we could CLEARLY see Jupiter, Saturn and Mars as well as the Milky Way. We also saw a few shooting stars - it was a magical evening and one of my family's favorite parts of our trip!

1  Thank diannaken