“The BEST Tour on our Honeymoon!!”
Review of Moby Dick Tours

Moby Dick Tours
Ranked #14 of 194 Tours in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Stingray City boat tours in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. I’m Mark Button, and I would like to warmly welcome you aboard Moby Dick Tours. I’m an English guy who fell in love with the Cayman Islands fifteen years ago, and I’ve lived here ever since, having recently gained my joint citizenship. I started Moby Dick Tours so that I could share with you some of the amazing experiences here in Cayman, especially the famous Stingray City, one of the most amazing places in the world.I saw the opportunity to bring professionalism and the highest standards of customer care to the tour industry here in Cayman, and together with my partner Richard, we have brought together the best people and the best equipment, to ensure your excursion with us will live on in your mind as one of the most special experiences you have ever had. I’ve made literally thousands of trips to Stingray City over the past ten years, but I never cease to be amazed and humbled by these beautiful creatures who choose to come and interact with us. And I’m sure you’ll feel the same, too. It gives me enormous pleasure to share the experience afresh, as I bring new people to this wonderful and unique place.As most of our clients come from visiting cruise ships, we know exactly what you need. So let us worry about getting you from the dock in own custom built bus, and back again safely in time for your sailing. That leaves you free to worry about nothing except having a fantastic time!
Reviewed July 5, 2007

I cannot say enough good things about this tour! We booked this tour for our day in Grand Cayman while on the Caribbean Princess for our honeymoon. I booked it online after reading all of the great reviews on TripAdvisor. Mark answered all of my questions quickly via email. He met us right on the pier at Grand Cayman and told us we could shop and hang out until all of the group was there and gave us a time to meet.

They drove us on two buses to the other side of the island where we got on the boat. While the boat was not the most luxurious we saw (as some other reviewers have written), it had everything we needed: a bathroom, cold drinking water and grape juice, shade, spare cameras for sale, snorkeling equipment (included in the cost of the tour), etc.

Captain Zack drove us out to the sandbar while Mark told us what to expect and talked to us about stingrays and the safety of swimming with them.

When we got to the sandbar, Mark put the squid bucket in the water and we all got in the water. Captain Zack and Mark would catch a stingray and hold it so we could pet them, feed them, or get our pictures taken with them. They all just swam around us and some people fed them squid out of their hands.

When all of our squid was gone and everyone had their fill of the stingrays, Captain Zack took us out to a barrier reef where we snorkeled and saw a nurse shark swimming. They drove us back to the buses which took us right back to the cruise ship pier.

I would HIGHLY recommend this tour to anyone. Just book through their website. It is much cheaper and less crowded than the cruise ship tours and you can depend on them.

4  Thank nlamb
Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed June 15, 2007

We cruise alot and this was our second Moby Dick tour. We used them in Feb 2006 and we went again from our cruise on the Carnival legend the second week in May. I made reservations online and was given dirctions. They were easy to find from the port. We did have to wait a little because we didn't realize the ship was an hour ahead of Cayman Island time and the email was quoting Cayman Island time and we didn't realize the difference. Just like last time the tour did not disappoint. There is a short bus ride to the marina, a well equiped clean boat with a small bathroom, snorkel equipment ffor everyone. The group was small and we had no worry leaving our valuables while we swam with the stingrays. We felt completely safe, they had life jackets for those who wanted to wear them snorkeling. They had a fresh water shower to rinse off and free "kool aid" type drinks. We had an entertaining safely lesson and they provided food to feed the stingrays. They also came in the water with you to bring stingrays to you. There was a separate snorkeling stop by the reef where they brought a nurse shark for everyone to touch and swim with. A wonderful day fro $35.00 a person.

2  Thank Susanrita
Reviewed April 27, 2007

My family and I had a truly wonderful experience with Moby Dick tours. I was a little leery at first when I saw their broken down looking school bus for our transportation to their boat. It wasn't that bad at all ! The bus driver was very informative. The bus ride a very short trip. Then the men that took us out on the Moby Dick were wonderful and very entertaining! They showed us all that we shouldn't be afraid of stingrays~ The sting rays are extremely gentle!
It was an expeirence I wish to do again with other family members . I would recommend Moby Dick to anyone that wants to visit stingray city! Thanks Moby Dick!
The Schuberts of SI NY

Reviewed April 4, 2007

We were cruising on the Star Princess and booked a Stingray City Tour with Moby Dick Tours (a lot less expensive this way than going through the cruise excursions) Upon landing, we were diasppointed to find that our tour had to be cancelled due to high winds & waves. This obviously isn't a review about the tour, but rather about the company. I was impressed with their integrity - I spoke to Mark England the Chief Coordinator and he informed us that although some operators were taking people out, in his experience he didn't feel it was safe. In my opinion, only a solid, honest and secure company can turn down the potential income from the 5 cruise ships docked that day. The next time we visit Grand Cayman, we will definately be booking a tour of Stingray City with Moby Dick Tours.

5  Thank commonstickleback
Reviewed March 29, 2007

The day we were at Grand Cayman, they port authorities almost closed the port to the cruise ships because the water was too choppy and the currents too strong. We made it on the island anyhow but all the water excursions were cancelled.
When we started talking to the people at Moby Dick tours, they suggested a new idea. They planned an island tour of 3 hours consisting of visiting the turtle farm, hell, the rum factory and 7 mile beach.
We boarded the "yellow bird" and Steve (our tour guide) gave us an incredible tour of the island. His expertise of the island and its history made our visit terrific.
Although this was just a test run - we completely and firmly suggest you add this type of tour to your itinerary. Steve was fantastic and this type of tour should definitely be experienced by all visitors to the island.
Moby Dick's saved our Grand Caymen experience - THANK YOU !
We will definitely recommend this tour company to all our friends.

7  Thank CanadaVacationers