“Stingrays and Snorkling!!”
Review of Moby Dick Tours

Moby Dick Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cayman's only real island tour incl. amazing lunch overlooking beautiful azure blue lagoon. Visit Rum Point and star fish point marvel at the blow holes. Relax in A/c bus while you discovery rarely seen Cayman's North and East side. Cool off at famous Smith Cove. Inspired by our own family and friends experiences. We bring you the ultimate and unique, personalize never before seen island tour.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Even though the water was a bit rough, the temperature was great, water temperature was warm, and there were lots of stingrays and fish. We had a great time, although the excursion could have left a bit earlier, it was still awesome!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,162)
All reviews
"coral reef"
in 24 reviews
"small group"
in 32 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
"these beautiful creatures"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2014 via mobile

Great time. We really enjoyed this tour. We were visiting on the Disney Magic. We had plenty of time to snorkel and play with the stingrays. Make sure you have your kids practice with a snorkel in the pool...my 7 and 5 year old did not snorkel and my 5 y o wanted to skip the stingrays too. I felt completely comfortable leaving them on the boat and we were still able to enjoy the tour. I would use them again and would even do the same tour again. They did wait over 30 minutes for someone who didn't show or call.

Reviewed December 6, 2014

Got on the island later than expected due to waiting for a tender and got left. I even called the company to let them know we were waiting for a tender and they said they were also having guests from our ship coming too. No one from the company was around to book a second tour for us. Disappointed about not getting to use this company as they advertise a larger ladder to get in and out of the water and with me being a larger person, it would have been a lot easier for me! We ended up using another tour company and I had a very embarrassing experience getting in and out of the water.

Hedgewick, Owner at Moby Dick Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2014

Thank you for your review it's hard to write on individual cases unless we know the name of the ship and date. We are sorry that you didn't make the tour time and had difficulty getting off the boat. It's a difficult call when you have say 25 people who all got off the same ship and manage to get to me in time. Within reason I will give people 15 mins or so after explaining to them I'm missing someone, if they still haven't shown I then let the group go with the main bus, I often hang back a little longer another 10mins hoping to catch the missing people. Sometimes this works and they make it. Other times you could be there an hour and no one shows, it happens. Fortunately this is rare and we make sure we leave enough time for people to make it to the departure point. The other day when asking a group to wait 15mins for a missing person they wouldn't and wanted to go with someone else who was going at that time. Difficult to please everyone sometimes but we do try.

Having phone contact is useful but often will only work one way and I'm unable to communicate back to there cell phone, I will alway's try to phone or leave a message, text, email. During the reservation process I will have a contact number and hope that I can get hold of a missing client with this.

If I'm missing someone I will then put your name on our white marker board with instructions on who to see to go on the tour with, sometimes another operator will be there and I can instruct them to look out for a missing client, we all help each other this way. Seems you didn't see this but managed to find a tour, so I'm pleased you got out there. Sorry about the Ladders ours are oversized ladders and so useful sometimes.

Mark

Reviewed December 5, 2014

Took the sting ray tour on 12/3. mark worked with us to get a good date during a week of sketchy weather for GC and then overcame unexpected obstacles to make sure we were able to get our trip in. Would tour with them again without hesitation.