“Super Stingrays!”
Review of Moby Dick Tours

Moby Dick Tours
Ranked #47 of 202 Tours in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Stingray City boat tours in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. I’m Mark Button, and I would like to warmly welcome you aboard Moby Dick Tours. I’m an English guy who fell in love with the Cayman Islands fifteen years ago, and I’ve lived here ever since, having recently gained my joint citizenship. I started Moby Dick Tours so that I could share with you some of the amazing experiences here in Cayman, especially the famous Stingray City, one of the most amazing places in the world.I saw the opportunity to bring professionalism and the highest standards of customer care to the tour industry here in Cayman, and together with my partner Richard, we have brought together the best people and the best equipment, to ensure your excursion with us will live on in your mind as one of the most special experiences you have ever had. I’ve made literally thousands of trips to Stingray City over the past ten years, but I never cease to be amazed and humbled by these beautiful creatures who choose to come and interact with us. And I’m sure you’ll feel the same, too. It gives me enormous pleasure to share the experience afresh, as I bring new people to this wonderful and unique place.As most of our clients come from visiting cruise ships, we know exactly what you need. So let us worry about getting you from the dock in own custom built bus, and back again safely in time for your sailing. That leaves you free to worry about nothing except having a fantastic time!
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We booked this snorkeling/stingray tour on our own instead of ones offered through the cruise line and we are SO happy that we did! Mark met us at the cruise terminal and drove us to the boat dock. He and his cohort Richard (and assistant Adriana) were great hosts - friendly, funny, and really seemed to enjoy their jobs.
We headed out to a beautiful snorkeling area where we had about 45 minutes on our own (Mark and crew provide all the gear needed, though I highly recommend having an underwater camera.)
After snorkeling we went over to Stingray City and had some amazing interactions. Mark and team often bring along some tasty stingray snacks (aka squid) so we had the added bonus of getting to feed the rays. With our small group of people, we all had ample opportunity to hold and feed the rays. It was a fantastic experience! The only drawback was that another huge boat arrived about halfway through and flooded the area with people trying to get in on our stingray action, but that couldn't be helped.
Overall, a wonderful tour led by a great team. I would definitely do it again if I visited the Cayman Islands!

2  Thank Megan F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"feel comfortable"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is an incredible tour. We had a good time, but there were issues. The snorkeling and stingrays are fabulous, the boat clean and well maintained. It was also nice to be on a boat with a smaller group. Unfortunately though we had to deal with the owner, Mark, who was extremely rude. He should take note of how his crew treats the guests, because they were marvelous. At one point Mark stated, "Don't let her or her daughter try to hold the stingray, they just let them loose." His staff still allowed us to try to hold the stingray, and amazingly, we were the only two that stingray allowed to hold it, in addition to the staff member. Maybe the other stingray was just doing what ever it could do to get away from Mark......

1  Thank Wanttotravelworld
Hedgewick, Owner at Moby Dick Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

We thank you for writing a review as this helps us to fine tune and make the experience for our customer better. It's difficult to comment on this actual event as I have no recognition of it but apologise for words/and or actions which made you want to write something negative about us. Although it seems you were able to hold stingray's and interact well with them in this way so we have achieved our goal. My aim alway's is that we provide as much hands on experience as possible and people are briefed in great detail about the stingray's behaviour. Nothing gives me more pleasure or job satisfaction, and I can speak for all of our staff, than seeing peoples faces when they are receiving "stingray love" it's the most wonderful of feelings, I am so pleased you were able to experience this. They are truly amazing creatures and creating "experiences of a lifetime" is our passion and goal. We never tire of doing this, and it never gets old even after 10 years. We alway's have a lot of staff to help everyone have as much hands on experience as possible, we have food for the stingray's which ensures they come to visit us. I don't have a photographer harassing people trying to sell pictures as I would rather people develop there own relationships with these amazing creatures. I look around the sandbar and often see poor people on other tours that don't seem to be coached or shown how to interact with the Ray's. I look forward to many more years of making happy memories for people.
all the best
Mark Button

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had a fantastic time with Moby Dick Tours in Grand Cayman. We did the snorkeling and sting ray tour when we stopped on our Caribbean cruise.

We were met when we exited the ship, and returned in plenty of time to shop after the tour.

The group was small and personal (we saw other boats with over 50 people). We appreciated the personal attention and fantastic service!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I went on this tour and cannot say enough good things about it. The whole trip was wonderful. We went to a snorkel area first which was absolutely stunning. We really enjoyed seeing the tropical fish. Then we went on to the sandbar where the stingrays were. We were able to feed them and hold them. We were on a week long cruise and this was definitely the highlight. We haven't stopped talking about it. The company was well organized and very professional. Highly recommend them.