“Fantastic experience!”
Review of Moby Dick Tours

Moby Dick Tours
Ranked #15 of 185 Tours in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Stingray City boat tours in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. I’m Mark Button, and I would like to warmly welcome you aboard Moby Dick Tours. I’m an English guy who fell in love with the Cayman Islands fifteen years ago, and I’ve lived here ever since, having recently gained my joint citizenship. I started Moby Dick Tours so that I could share with you some of the amazing experiences here in Cayman, especially the famous Stingray City, one of the most amazing places in the world.I saw the opportunity to bring professionalism and the highest standards of customer care to the tour industry here in Cayman, and together with my partner Richard, we have brought together the best people and the best equipment, to ensure your excursion with us will live on in your mind as one of the most special experiences you have ever had. I’ve made literally thousands of trips to Stingray City over the past ten years, but I never cease to be amazed and humbled by these beautiful creatures who choose to come and interact with us. And I’m sure you’ll feel the same, too. It gives me enormous pleasure to share the experience afresh, as I bring new people to this wonderful and unique place.As most of our clients come from visiting cruise ships, we know exactly what you need. So let us worry about getting you from the dock in own custom built bus, and back again safely in time for your sailing. That leaves you free to worry about nothing except having a fantastic time!
Frankfort, Illinois
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed June 17, 2008

We had a terrific time with Moby Dick Tours will in Grand Cayman last week for a port day on our cruise. We met them at the cruise port dock. After our group was gathered, about 25 of us, we were transported by bus to the boat dock. We boarded the boat (complete with drinking water, fruit punch, fresh water shower, toilet) and were given instructions while we made our way to the coral reef area to snorkel. They take you there first to avoid the huge groups that go to Sting Ray City first. After snorkeling, we were taken to Sting Ray City. It was an amazing experience! They come prepared with squid to feed the Sting Rays. They hold the Rays for you to kiss them (7 years good luck) and pet them or help you hold them if you wish. They were like giant puppy dogs - incredibly friendly and very easy to feed. When it was all over, they take you back on the bus and you have your choice of being dropped off at seven mile beach or back by the port for shopping. It was a great day and greatly discounted from the cruise ship or hotel prices.

4 Thank Sue1685911

• Hebrew first
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best day of vacation!”
Reviewed June 12, 2008

My husband and I with our 3 boys ages 15, 14, and 8 used Moby Dick Tours to go to Stingray City last Sunday, June 8th. We were absolutely thrilled with the experience! The crew is great entertainment on the way to the sandbar, especially when they do the presentation to familiarize you with the stingrays. All three of them were in the water helping guests interact with the stingrays. They are very knowledgeable about the rays and even encouraged my anxious 8 year old to kiss one! When everyone was finished with the stingrays, we headed over to the barrier reef nearby. The snorkeling was really awesome. If your schedule enables you to go on Sunday, take advantage of "local's day". There were only a couple of other boats at the sandbar. It was a very relaxed, fun afternoon! I highly recommend Moby Dick Tours. It was the highlight of our week in Grand Cayman!

2 Thank LTinAZ
McDonough, GA
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“What a great way to spend the day!”
Reviewed June 10, 2008

This trip with Mark, Nicholas, and William "Lock Up Your Daughters" was one of the biggest highlights of our recent trip!

The snorkeling was great, and Mark made sure that we snorkeled before going to see the rays, because there were quite a few other boats already there...so we had the snorkeling pretty much to ourselves, and when it came time to visit the rays, most boats had already left.

We felt safe, entertained (William's playacting to the intro is great!) and it is obvious that these men know their stuff and love what they are doing.

We had a fairly large group-not terribly large, and everyone was comfortable and had a great time. Should we return to Grand Cayman, we will seek Mark and his crew out; in the meantime, we will recommend them!

Dealing with them prior to our cruise was simple, easy, and fast. He even offered a discount for those who booked prior to that day (day of tour was $5.00 more.) Pleasant, professional, and FUN.

3 Thank LaurieannL
NW suburb Chicago Illinois
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Gotta do it with Moby Dick!!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2008

LOL!!! Moby Dick Tours is really a great customer service focused company

Mark runs a high quality operation and his guides are very knowledgeable and caring personnel. They are flirtatious, funny, entertaining, educational, family oriented... whatever you need them to be... they're it. Above all it becomes obvious when you're out on the sandbar that they are comfortable with the stingrays and even more impressive is that the stingrays are extremely familiar with them.

We travelled to Grand Cayman May 8 to 13 during quiet season. My husband and I had originally been scheduled on the Moby Dick Stingray City Tour on a Sunday "local's day" since there are no cruise ships in port. But as it happened the tour got booked up with a group of 50 or so local professionals. Mark, the owner, contacted us at our hotel on Friday evening to suggest that we reschedule to Monday since the tour capacity was booked to a lesser capacity if our itinerary allowed an adjustment. We travel on a very loose schedule when on vacation (as in pretty much no schedule!) and we switched to the following day with no challenges. Mark honored the Sunday rates for us and picked us up at our hotel for an experience of a lifetime that can only be had at the Stingray City sandbar.

And we agree, the stop at the nearby coral reef brought us incredible underwater shots of the resident eel and beautiful coral and tropical sealife... all i can say is OOOOOHHHH! YEAHHHHH!!

We like to wander about on travels to "find" out about the places and chat with people where we visit rather than make tight itineraries and miss the golden surprises of traveling. But the one absolute planned event anyone should do when visiting Grand Cayman Island is to visit Stingray City with Moby Dick Tours for an unforgettable life event!

2 Thank MOMOsan_309
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great for first time snorkelers”
Reviewed June 5, 2008

My family and I were on the Carnival ship Valor and came into Grand Cayman on Friday, May 30th. There were maybe a dozen in our group, which was very nice, as some of the boats also going out to Stingray City were crammed full of people (the guide called them "Sardine Cans").

The excursion is divided into two parts: the first is a sandbar with the stingrays. You stand in about three-four feet of water and the stingrays glide over your legs. Very surreal experience. My mother (who does not swim) was able to enjoy this part of the excursion with us. The second part is snorkeling along the coral reef. I have never been snorkeling before I thought it was a very nice introduction. But there were also guests in our group who were more experienced who also enjoyed the beautiful fish. Our guide even coaxed an eel out for pictures. It was an amazing time.