“Best stingray tour we've taken so far!”
Review of Moby Dick Tours

Moby Dick Tours
Ranked #16 of 188 Tours in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Stingray City boat tours in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. I’m Mark Button, and I would like to warmly welcome you aboard Moby Dick Tours. I’m an English guy who fell in love with the Cayman Islands fifteen years ago, and I’ve lived here ever since, having recently gained my joint citizenship. I started Moby Dick Tours so that I could share with you some of the amazing experiences here in Cayman, especially the famous Stingray City, one of the most amazing places in the world.I saw the opportunity to bring professionalism and the highest standards of customer care to the tour industry here in Cayman, and together with my partner Richard, we have brought together the best people and the best equipment, to ensure your excursion with us will live on in your mind as one of the most special experiences you have ever had. I’ve made literally thousands of trips to Stingray City over the past ten years, but I never cease to be amazed and humbled by these beautiful creatures who choose to come and interact with us. And I’m sure you’ll feel the same, too. It gives me enormous pleasure to share the experience afresh, as I bring new people to this wonderful and unique place.As most of our clients come from visiting cruise ships, we know exactly what you need. So let us worry about getting you from the dock in own custom built bus, and back again safely in time for your sailing. That leaves you free to worry about nothing except having a fantastic time!
St. Catharines, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Best stingray tour we've taken so far!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had an awesome time with Moby Dick tours in Grand Cayman! This was our 3rd trip to see the stingrays, we usually book with a different company but they could not accomodate us this time so we used Moby Dick, and we were glad we did! We met them right off the pier, they drove us to the dock on a large bus with a very entertaining driver. Arrived at the docks and were greeted by the staff, boarded the boat and were entertained by them, our granddaughter loved it! The staff were friendly and very helpful in the water and assisting people on and off the boat, as well as in the water with the stingrays. Since they do not do photos for $$ they were able to spend more time with their passengers and the stingrays (though they were happy to take pics of us with our own water camera!) Next time we get to Grand Cayman we will absolutely use them again, they just became our new tour company there :) VERY highly recommended!!!

1 Thank fkscott
MarkButton, Owner at Moby Dick Tours, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. People often ask why do you consider your tour to be different? The tour was designed on how we would like to be treated and 15 years of going to the sandbar on other boats. I think having 3/4 staff members looking after the group gives a high staff to customer ratio. And having them all in the water holding stingrays which are attracted by the food we bring, means that we have maximum customer interaction. Other tours whilst go to the same place focus on photographing there customers with minimum staff and often the only interaction the people get is when they are holding a stingray for a photo. Coupled with the fact we provide detailed briefings on the journey out so people know how to behave around the ray's and we are not wasting valuable stingray time. Means that a good tour becomes a great tour and learning experience and better interaction once your there. As owner operators our motivation and job satisfaction comes from not how much money we can make, but the smiles on the faces of the people and appreciation we receive.

• Hebrew first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Tour!!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were a group of six women on the Carnival Liberty. I had looked at other cruisecritic.com and TripAdvisor ratings and liked the reviews on Moby Dick. The reviews weren't wrong. Captain Mark and his two mates were wonderful. All three were informative, friendly and fun to interact with. We started out snorkling by the reefs which was really fun and then we went to the stingrays. All three were in the water with us, holding stingrays, letting us hold them, feeding them and giving us information about them. This was amazing!!! We even got a good luck kiss from the stingrays. I cannot forget Peter, our driver. His dry wit was very fun and he was very fun to listen to. The boat and equipment were in great shape and clean. Please make sure you use Moby Dick when in Grand Cayman.

Austin, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My group of 5 had a wonderful time on this trip! We went on 2/28/13 (our 15th wedding anniversary!) from the Carnival Magic. The tent was easy to find. Mark was very friendly and we had an easy sign in. Peter was our driver and it was a delight to listen to him talk about the Cayman Islands. The boat was clean and the crew was great. Once we got out to the area I was surprised to see quite a few other boats. However, our first stop was snorkeling which allowed the other tours to finish up so by the time we went to visit the stingrays there were only a few other boats there. I was sooo glad we were with Moby Dick Tours and not one of the other ones. The other boats were PACKED! There were people crammed on them. We had quite a few people as well but we had plenty of room and we were able to get lots of time with the stingrays. The crew was so helpful and wanted us to have a great time. We would do this trip again in a heartbeat! Thank you Mark, Richard, Nicholas and Peter!!

Rapid City, South Dakota
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“great tour because of a great crew”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Moby Dick isn't the only group that goes to Stingray City, but I cannot imagine that any are as well done. Our crew was professional but very engaging. We started with a stop for snorkeling on the way out to stingrays. The gear was in good shape. After about 40 minutes, we loaded up and made the short trip to Stringray city. The crew joined us in the water and helped us feed and hold the stingrays. They provided great instruction the entire time. The best part is that they did not pressure us for any trip add ons.

Atlanta, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Stingrays as Big as a VW Bug!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Holy Heck! What an opportunity of a lifetime to actually feed, hold and kiss stingrays! We were lucky and went on a day when only a couple of other boats were there. Captain Mark and his two first mates all got in the water to help with feeding and calming nerves. Other boats nearby did not have nearly this one-on-on attention or such a small group.

Not to be left out was the next stop at a coral reef for snorkeling. We saw many kinds of colorful fish and a Moray eel named Bonnie!

Our tour finished a couple of hours before our ship departed the island, so on a whim we took a city bus (easy, clean and cheap) to the sea turtle farm. Another must do!

Highly recommend this trip. Where else can you hold stingrays and sea turtles in the same day?