“Moby Dick Tours - 2nd trip and still the best way to see Stingray City.”
Review of Moby Dick Tours

Moby Dick Tours
Ranked #16 of 188 Tours in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Stingray City boat tours in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. I’m Mark Button, and I would like to warmly welcome you aboard Moby Dick Tours. I’m an English guy who fell in love with the Cayman Islands fifteen years ago, and I’ve lived here ever since, having recently gained my joint citizenship. I started Moby Dick Tours so that I could share with you some of the amazing experiences here in Cayman, especially the famous Stingray City, one of the most amazing places in the world.I saw the opportunity to bring professionalism and the highest standards of customer care to the tour industry here in Cayman, and together with my partner Richard, we have brought together the best people and the best equipment, to ensure your excursion with us will live on in your mind as one of the most special experiences you have ever had. I’ve made literally thousands of trips to Stingray City over the past ten years, but I never cease to be amazed and humbled by these beautiful creatures who choose to come and interact with us. And I’m sure you’ll feel the same, too. It gives me enormous pleasure to share the experience afresh, as I bring new people to this wonderful and unique place.As most of our clients come from visiting cruise ships, we know exactly what you need. So let us worry about getting you from the dock in own custom built bus, and back again safely in time for your sailing. That leaves you free to worry about nothing except having a fantastic time!
Whitehall, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Moby Dick Tours - 2nd trip and still the best way to see Stingray City.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was our 2nd Stingray City tour with Moby Dick. I must say that the experience was every bit as exhilerating and memorable as the first. What makes the excursion so great is not just the Stingray City location but also the great personal attention given by the Moby Dick staff. You can tell they love their job and they want you to love the experience. The focus is on having an amazing adventure NOT on packing the boat to make the most profit. I highly recommend you try this excursion with Moby Dick.

For clarrification, I have no affiliation with Moby Dick Tours. I have volunteered this review to help other travelers have the same great experience. Both of our excusions were done while visiting the Cayman Islands during Carnaval cruises. This last visit was during November 2012 on the Caranaval Freedom.

2 Thank Russarama

• Hebrew first
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Moby Dick tour was everything i expected.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

It was fun, clean and the staff was very friendly. Its a great tour for adults and children. I had a 9 year old and a 4 year old and they both loved it. The tour provided life vest so they were able to get in the water and swim around with the sting rays. The best part about this tour was there was no one in the water making you pay for a good picture with the sting rays. They helped the rays come next to you, helped them kiss you and all the pictures were takin with your camera. No one there to sell you over priced pictures.
We all had a blast and would recommed this tour to any and all.

2 Thank dave v
Jackson, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Above and Beyond!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Fun, educational, and by far the highlight of our entire vacation!! Booked our tour online, we left and returned on schedule. Staff was friendly and accomadating, made us laugh a lot. Our group included my husband and myself, and our 14 and 16 year old sons. This excursion was perfect for the whole family. Highly recommend.

1 Thank elizabethmadalon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top Notch Tour!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I chose Moby Dick Tours based on the great reviews they have received here on Trip Advisor and wanted to share my experience. First off communications with Moby Dick Tours is great. Mark promptly replied to any questions I had via email and I scheduled with him to pick us up at our hotel. We were picked up promptly and brought to their boat. The ride was sooth even in somewhat choppy waters. Mark and his crew are very personable and I always felt we were in capable hands. The snorkeling equipment provided was of very good quality. We first went to a reef just a couple of minutes from stingray city. It was beautiful with many fish and plant life to see. Stingray city itself was amazing. We were there with several other boats. I took a look around at the other tours and knew I was on one of the best. Mark got right in the water with us and helped us to gently hold the stingrays. We got to feed and pet them and I even got a fishy kiss from one. All around great time and good value!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Ksumner
New Jersey
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Excellent and nothing less!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Mark and I communicated over email regarding my reservation. He suggested that I book a trip today (Sunday, December 30) as there were no cruise ships in port today and the pace would be relaxed. WOW was he right!! When we got to the reef, there were 3 or 4 other boats playing with the stingrays. He decided that we would snorkel first. What a great decision!!

The reef is about 2 minutes from the sandbar and there was no one else snorkeling. This was our best snorkeling ever!! Swimming here was like swimming in a topical aquarium! We saw the most beautiful fish and one of the guides brought out food that brought the Moray Eel out of his hideaway. How cool! Look for pictures to be posted here when I get home.

Off to the stingrays!. No one else was there when we arrived and the rays were abundant. There were at least 10 or 12 including "Frisbee" the one without a tail.

You have to hold them! They are very soft and it is so much fun. Give one a kiss!! It's 7 years good luck!! That's what they say so I did it... Three times!!

This is the tour to do. Pre-book on line. Don't book with the activities desk. Do it yourself and choose this tour.

We did and Mark picked us up at our hotel. He and his crew were terrific!!

Visited December 2012