“You will LOVE this tour!”
Review of Moby Dick Tours

Moby Dick Tours
Ranked #15 of 186 Tours in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Stingray City boat tours in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. I’m Mark Button, and I would like to warmly welcome you aboard Moby Dick Tours. I’m an English guy who fell in love with the Cayman Islands fifteen years ago, and I’ve lived here ever since, having recently gained my joint citizenship. I started Moby Dick Tours so that I could share with you some of the amazing experiences here in Cayman, especially the famous Stingray City, one of the most amazing places in the world.I saw the opportunity to bring professionalism and the highest standards of customer care to the tour industry here in Cayman, and together with my partner Richard, we have brought together the best people and the best equipment, to ensure your excursion with us will live on in your mind as one of the most special experiences you have ever had. I’ve made literally thousands of trips to Stingray City over the past ten years, but I never cease to be amazed and humbled by these beautiful creatures who choose to come and interact with us. And I’m sure you’ll feel the same, too. It gives me enormous pleasure to share the experience afresh, as I bring new people to this wonderful and unique place.As most of our clients come from visiting cruise ships, we know exactly what you need. So let us worry about getting you from the dock in own custom built bus, and back again safely in time for your sailing. That leaves you free to worry about nothing except having a fantastic time!
Oakley, California
3 attraction reviews
“You will LOVE this tour!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I chose Moby Dick Tours for our first visit to Grand Cayman and Stingray City. After reading the overwhelmingly positive reviews on the web and thoroughly checking out their very informative website, we had very high expectations prior to our tour. We are pleased to say EVERY one of them was met, or exceeded! We had such a great time. The staff is very professional and incredibly funny, you feel like you are amongst friends having a blast. Kudos to all of them, especially the owner with whom I had the chance to chat with for quite a while on the trip. As a business owner myself, I realize when someone is operating a business for profit only or for the passion that it brings them. The latter is definitely the case here, and you sense it every step of the way.

I HIGHLY recommend Moby Dick to anyone looking to visit Grand Cayman. Simply put – if you are going to Stingray City and are using anyone else you are a fool.

Visited October 2012

• Hebrew first
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Stingrays and snorkeling”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had the best time on this tour with my daughter and 4 year old granddaughter. It's better than the ship tours because it is less expensive, a smaller group and they allow children younger than 5 if that is important to you. (I should not be telling you this because I am a travel agent). Plus they let you make one free long distance phone call after the tour.

Visited September 2012
“Best Stingray city tour ever!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

My 3rd trip to the Caymans and my 3rd time out to stingray city. Best tour yet, very friendly, funny and a very informative Crew! All the crew where in the water with you helping you hold and feed the stingray. No crew member was there taking pro photos to try to sell to you on the trip back! If ya had a camera they where more then happy to help. A great experience, a great way to start your day!

South Carolina
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Do not miss this tour!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We took a Carnival cruise that stopped in Grand Cayman for the day. Not huge fans of the shore excursions offered by the cruise line, we found Moby Dick tours as an offering to visit Stingray City. We are sooooo glad we did! Fantastic tour!!

You can sense the pride that owner Mark and his entire crew have in the operation. Tour groups are small (~30ish), compared to those offered by the cruise which have 100+. This allows for a more personal experience, and something you will remember for a lifetime.

Tour left on time from the shopping area in a very clean, cool looking converted school bus. Driver was extremely friendly and gave all sorts of cool island knowledge as we headed towards the boat dock. About 15 minutes on the bus.

You then board a very nice, clean, open top boat to get out to Stingray City. Mark and crew give all sorts of cool Stingray facts, and general info while on the trip. They then give you time to put on your equipment and snorkel at the reef behind Stingray city. This is great as it gives time for other boats to leave the stingrays and not be so crazy crowded while you visit.

Once at the Stingray's, the crew jumps in to action. Unlike other tours they really want you to interact with these fantastic creatures. You can pet them, feed them, and even hold them! Can take pictures with your own camera, not a tour photographer who will charge $30 for the picture. After seeing the other tours, and how the folks were just shuffled through the motions, we were really really really happy we chose Moby Dick! Even got to kiss the Rays for good luck!

On the way back, a crew member even abruptly jumped in the water to pick up a starfish for everyone to see and hold.

Overall a fantastic, and memorable experience! If back in Grand Cayman, we will look up Moby Dick tours again!

Visited August 2012
Spring, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful excursion!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was our first cruise, and we were on a budget. So i booked with Mike and the crew based on the $45/person price versus carnivals $70/person. Couldn't have made a better choice. They are right there when you walk off the pier, friendly, no deposit, and pay when you get there. You can tell Richard, Willy, Mike, and the other guy love their job and the stingrays. We had a four man crew versus the two man crew, and they all were so helpful in the ater witu the rays. They educate u on them and answer any questions you may have. Tye bus driver is friendly and funny to, as well as safe. Beautiful island, beautiful water...cant wait to join.them again!!!!