“Upscale deli with delicious food”
Review of Upper Crust Deli Bistro - CLOSED

Upper Crust Deli Bistro
Cuisines: French, International, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This upscale deli has a great selection of menu items. We especially enjoyed the jerk chicken sandwich and lemonade. Prompt friendly service

4  Thank sls1958

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I went here a few times( 4 total over 2-3 weeks) during my trip to Grand Cayman and the first two times were a good experience, the food was delicious however nothing is included ie. sandwiches do not come with fries or side salad. The side that is inculded is a very bland tasting potato salad that was cooked "al dente" all the times that I ordered a sandwich. The final time I went was the deciding factor to never go again when I come back. One of the members in our party was Muslim and could not eat the bacon on the sandwich. He stated he didn't see it listed on the menu description. The waitress said ok do you want me to take it off and looked at him in a way that indicated "why cant you take it off yourself" When he stated no I want a new sandwich because its due to religious reasons, she proceeded to BRING OUT THE MENU and show where it says it in the description not to mention a new sandwich in less than 5 minutes which made us feel like she just took the bacon off and didn't request a new one from the chef. I don't know about any other restaurant but the patrons/customers should be accommodated. I'm not saying the customer is always right, but it is highly unprofessional to actually have on the menu " the customer is not always right we are not always right"

At the end of that meal we asked why the check wasn't separated (as in 4 separate checks) since we stated we were all getting different items to the first of three servers. We ended up having to pay one person in cash and have them put the entire meal on their card because they do not allow the splitting of the checks EVER. So we asked why she could not bring 4 separate checks, evidently because it was already in the system she could not do anything but void the ticket and redo it. Why couldn't she have done that you ask? Oh because she didn't want to get the manager involved or have it taken out of her pay check.

The only reason this place received an extra star was because the first 3 experiences were not that bad, yes you had to flag down a server and more than one always waited on you and looked at you funny if you left less than 15% since they all have to split it. I would not recommend Upper Crust unless you don't mind paying for everything individually and like "french service" mentality where they take your order, drop off your food and don't follow up.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a very cute little spot and we loved it for breakfast! I was surprised to see not good reviews about the food. The creme brule french toast was delish and the breakfast wrap was yummy! 5 of us ate and all the food was great. Their lunch menu looks wonderful. I had hoped to go back for lunch. I do agree about the service-it's a little "short" and not the friendliest.

1  Thank 95120Kerry
Reviewed June 27, 2014

When looking at this place, you think it will be simple, but not true. It is simply delicious with complex taste. Don't walk by, go eat there!

1  Thank mj0523
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Wouldn't return here. The food we ordered (5 of us) wasn't great except for the shoe string fries. The service was awful and rude. 3 in our party ordered their sandwiches without sauce but were made with it anyway. When it was brought to their attention, they were very rude about it and took the sandwiches in the back and scraped it and returned it to the table. Won't return.