“Twice for lunch in a week”
Review of Upper Crust Deli Bistro - CLOSED

Upper Crust Deli Bistro
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Portland, Oregon
“Twice for lunch in a week”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

One of the best deals in Cayman. Although it is not inexpensive, the salads and wraps are very good. Try the Scandinavian Wrap with smoked salmon, cucumber, julienne vegetables, lemon zest, herb cream cheese, shaved red onions, capers, hard-boiled eggs, iceberg lettuce. We also had the Seared Tuna Paseo which is a composition of sliced seared tuna, roma tomato, green beans, hard-boiled egg, picholine olives golden potatoes, fried capers, champagne vinaigrette dressing. On our second trip we had the Curry Chicken Salad Wrap and Caesar Chicken Wrap. These were not as good as the first one listed above, but still a good lunch. The passion fruit ice tea was strongly sweet, but when mixed with water it made two drinks that were great.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank GoalTorrent

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Really nice bistro”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Perfect place to grab lunch! Had the Fishcake sliders and they were excellent. Salad was very fresh also. Kids had French fries which were also tasty. Menu was varied and looked great for breakfast as well. Dessert looked fantastic, but we didn't partake. Service was very good and friendly. Has inside and outside seating. Inside seating was great for us as we were cleaned up and headed to the airport.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Melia68
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, small portions”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Good food, nice atmosphere but disappointing portions. My tuna salad had the smallest tuna steak I have seen. They were accommodating with my son. Hubby's quiche was actually the best I have tasted.

Visited March 2014
George Town, Grand Cayman
“Food is great..so do we afford the waitress as well..?”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We work at cayman so obviously love uppercrust camanabay...cozy place great ambience and perfect food for people on meal break.it was this way all these days.. But not any more.. Visited there for lunch on Monday 17/06/2014.. As. Soon as I entered got to meet two groups of friends in there but on different purposes.. Some of them having food and some looking for a job in kitchen. Spoke to them all..that's when the waitress arrives and tells that I am not supposed to speak to my friends in their restaurant and her reason was that I was unprofessional... I had to be seated before I talk to people I meet right at the entrance... Unprofessional...?dat too when i am on my lunch break by myself at your restaurant...Really...? Madam Ms.Waitress, do you go to any other restaurants..? Or did your boss ask you to do that....? Whatever we are not gonna visit your place any more and will try to be a professional as advised by you...
Thanks
Nikhil

• Visited March 2014
East End, Grand Cayman
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Could be so much better...will probably never go back.”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stopped by Upper Crust a few weeks ago on a Saturday morning. I had been a few times before, but only to grabbed some over-priced pastries, etc. to go. This time the four of us sat down outside (it is a lovely place to sit) and had coffee and breakfast.
The price of a cup of coffee is fairly steep and it really annoys me that they charge about $2.50 for each refill, regardless of whether you order a meal or not.
The service was absolutely awful and incredibly slow.
My father-in-law had "The Classic" Omelette au Fromage which was fine and the rest of us had the Eggs Benedict Florentine which consisted of 2 runny poached eggs on the tiniest & thinnest slices of baguette and a small dollop of hollandaise and that was it! The side cup of ketchup was bigger than the meal, and who serves ketchup with Eggs Benny!?!?!?! We asked for some home fries on the side since the plated serving was ridiculous. After everyone was about done eating, the server comes back (for the first time since delivering the food) with an order of french fries and then proceeds to say that they do not do homefries (even though there were plenty served with the omelette), needless to say, we sent the french fries back. And never any attempt at an apology from the server who could clearly see that we were not satisfied.
When I paid the bill I felt like I had been completely ripped off and as a result will likely never go back.

• Visited February 2014