“A great place for lunch.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Upper Crust Deli Bistro - CLOSED

Upper Crust Deli Bistro
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chino Hills, California
“A great place for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The food was delicious and the selection was impressive. We had three kids with us and the menu and seating accommodated the kids quite well. The atmosphere is excellent for people vacationing in Grand Cayman and wanting to spend some time at Caymana Bay.

cayman islands
“Service is terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

First time I visited I ate in. Took forever to get served and during my meal I was asked by 5 different people, who all seemed to have a different role, if everything was ok. While trying to enjoy the French onion soup this was extremely irritating. Soup was fab and caprese panini was ok. As they had only been open a few weeks I thought I would give them a second chance. Ordered the truffle parmesan to go and they were awesome, better than the ritz!! Went there again today, a public holiday, and they were very busy. Again ordered a to go waited about 25 minutes. There appeared to be some squabbling going on between the staff and chef which was a bit unprofessional in front of customers. Some guy called Patrick was handling the to go orders when they came out from the kitchen and I eventually got mine. I left and went to sit down to enjoy when I discovered he gave me the wrong sandwich, so I went back. After a mumbling apology I left again only to discover once again that another part of my order was wrong so I had to go back once again. This guy Patrick seriously needs some customer service training or else needs to find a job where people are not involved. I saw a few unhappy faces so I guess I wasn't the only one unhappy with the service. And the food needs to be consistent, the parm truffle fries were not as nice as last time. Think I am done with any further chances.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank caymanbubbles
Mike H, Public Relations Manager at Upper Crust Deli Bistro, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Apologies for your last experience. As we change our service, we're finding a happy medium from the over-the-top service you had the first time. While we try to anticipate our tremendous volume on Public Holidays, we do our best to make sure everyones expectations are set to wait a bit longer than usual - though that's no excuse for mixing up your order. We're making some big changes later in the summer and we hope you can give us another chance in the future.
Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman
“Awesome food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Have been twice and the food was amazing both times. I've had the vegetarian pasta and the curry chicken salad wrap which were both top notch. Both times the service has been lacking but the food is so good I would definitely go back again. The dessert and pastry cases look so good, can't wait to try on a cheat day soon!

• 2 of 5 stars
Bodden Town, Grand Cayman
“Very good and very busy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Upper Crust is very similar to the restaurant (Black Trumpet) that was in the space before. The drink, food, and dessert selection were great. A little something for everyone. The main draw for me was the outdoorsy-cafe feel. However, I went on a Sunday morning which is apparently a very busy time for families so do not go if you are in a rush because the service was a bit slow. That being said though the service was slow the staff was very friendly and clearly trying their best.

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Yummy fresh food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went here a few times because we enjoyed the food, service, setting and the value! We usually have trouble finding a good go-to place while on vacation. Not the case this time! Lots of different things to choose from and loved the coffee as well. After an enjoyable meal, we then checked out the shops and sites of Camana Bay. A lucky find!

• Visited May 2013