“An experience I would love to relive again!”

Stingray City Trips
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An experience I would love to relive again!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just typed an amazing review and trip advisor some how did not post it. But since it was an amazing experience I will rewrite my review.

My boyfriend and I were looking forward to this excursion. We booked as soon as we got on the ship. Originally we had pre booked the "Stingray city and sea turtles" tour. When we had arrived in grand cayman Mother Nature wasn't that awesome so we received phone call saying our excursion was cancelled. Thankfully we were already ready for the day we ran downstairs as quickly as we could and rebooked just for sting ray city.

For anyone that has a so-so review for this tour is nuts! I think everything that's beautiful BY Mother Nature from Mother Nature isn't going to be conveniently located without a little travel involved. Please for those of you reviewing all of these posts don't let the 5 minute tendor boat ride, 10 minute bus ride, and 20 minute boat ride detour you!! It's worth every second once you arrive!

This tour is very well ran and comfortable for these reasons alone:

1- quick on loading and off loading of guests
2- a boat with 3 cat motors so it's quick and you can hardly feel a bump
3- ceiling to protect from the sun and rain (even though that's why your visiting)
4- awesome staff who love what they do everyday!! Very informative and helpful. They also touch on the safety for everyone who is nervous because of Steve Irwin.

The tour guides make sure you capture every moment you want and take an unlimited amount of photos of you if you ask and they also help you hold them!! (Don't forget to kiss one for good luck)

I recommend this tour for everyone!! It's an unforgettable experience and as soon as we can make it back Into the Cayman Islands... You know our first stop!!!

Thank you Marine Land tours for your wonderful hospitality. It definitely shows!!

1 Thank Charbabyyy

San Juan, Puerto Rico
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Ok, but not great...”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

It takes a tender, a bus and a trolly to get to the sandbar. We a couple of people you are looking at a 2 hour trip, however, we lost almost the whole morning getting to the bar, because these people are really lay back and relax with other people's time. There is nothing at the sandbar but stingrays and a lot of people. The Captain was ok. They are not very professional in treating the stingrays, so I did not really like this tour. Our trolley broke down returning and we had to wait at open sea for about 20 minutes for another boat to come rescued us. The people are so lay back, we were late for everything. We almost did not make it to the cruise back in time. We made it on the last tender to the cruise. Had no time to shop at all.

Visited September 2013
“Best Excursion Ever with Bert "The Stingray Whisperer"!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

A visit to the Grand Cayman Stingray City is a once-in-a-lifetime experience! The ONLY was to do this excursion right is with Bert "The Stingray Whisperer" of Marineland Tours. You will get your value and more with this experience!

First of all, the trip to Stingray City was breathtaking! The waters were so clear blue and the sand a gorgeous white. Bert's boat is not just your ordinary boat--it has nice tables, an upper deck, and is all windows so that you can see in every direction.

Bert, himself, was amazing! He took pictures for us with our cameras from the boat to swimming with the stingrays. He was incredibly informative and took special care to help my husband, who is blind, fully enjoy the experience. Any questions we had--Bert answered. He is very entertaining and makes sure you are very comfortable with the stingrays.

It was so amazing to feel, hold, kiss and feed the stingrays! They are very loving creatures. I would definitely do this again!!

Little Rock, Arkansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Stingray City Waverunner Excursion/Rum Point Beach and Snorkeling”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I booked the Stingray City Waverunner Excursion through Island Marketing LTD this past July 4, while in Grand Cayman with the Carnival Conquest. We thoroughly enjoyed it. For an extra $10 they will pick you up near the cruise port and take you to the Grand Caymanian Resort, the starting point of the trip. Guides Leon and Gee took good care of the small group (total of 6 waverunners), with Leon leading the way and Gee following behind. We received full instruction on operating the craft, and were encouraged to go at our own pace to feel comfortable. I highly recommend this excursion - it's a really fun way to visit Stingray City, and also have a chance to snorkel and visit Rum Point beach.

Visited July 2013
Sevierville, Tennessee
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Rushed to stimgray city, coral gardens, and reef with Captain Bryan's Catamaran tour”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our second trip to GC via cruise ship. We do not use the ships excursions here because we feel safe here as compared to many places. I will compare this trip with our first trip which was about 2 years ago. (I looked for my last reviews, but have not been able to find them here, so cannot remember which tour company we used before. It did go to SRC, Turtle Farm, and Hell and included a great guide who explained many sites and customs/history during the entire trip. Could have been Kelly Tours, but not sure....will post if I find it.)
Anyway, to make this shorter about Cpt. Bryans Catamaran (Buccaneer) trip...

POSITIVES
3 guides on catamaran
Had 3 stops and the water was gorgeous
Got juice and water (really needed too)
Told us in email to bring snacks (very good advice)
Did not have to pay entire fee online, only 20% refundable if ship
did not dock
Received quick email reply
Cheaper than ship tour (maybe $10-$15 per person cheaper)
One guide actually got a ray and let people spend time touching it
Could use life vest when snorkeling or not.....we chose to so we could relax more
Offered a DVD with all photos for $40 for those without cameras

NEGATIVES
not very crowded but not a lot of stretching/relaxing room (like u see in pictures) may have had about 30 people sitting side by side.
Water provided tasted bad (not like home) and was warm
Paid cash when person showed for us to sign waiver but no
receipt
Felt rushed at each stop especially SRC and pushed to get their
Pictures when I prefer my own after spending so much for trip
Wish times were specific to cruise ship time (island time is what
the company went by, I went by ship time when planning the
day). So that meant we got up a couple hours too early, wasted
Some of our time that we could have used to get souvenirs,
waiting for a representative from Cpt. Bryans, then waiting 45
more minutes for the actual tour to start. Had about 1.5 hours
After excursion to shop, again, hurriedly...
When "your turn" to touch the ray...I mean, get your quick photos
Done.....came, it was hurry, hold it here, move here, kiss it...etc
Not impressed with barrier reef or coral gardens stops (Roatan had about the same dull colored coral in their "man-made port" and it was free to see. Photos I have seen online showed colorful reefs, saw a pale purple fan coral, and most other looked about
Dead probably due to frequent visitors....you known there are always the ones who do not listen about care of the reefs....ON EVERY TRIP....they kick and touch all they can.
Pushed the sale of DVDs and tips....tips....tips. I u derstand that but I also u derstamd I paid $65 per person (4) and for me, that's already top of my budget after cruise fees.

(Our first trip that i described above was more relaxed, not a bit hurried, no pressure to get their pics, we had plenty of time. Also learned a lot about the rays then also. However, the only snorkeling at that trip was at stingray city......nothing but white sand and a few conchs...in shells)

So, it was beautiful, but rushed.

Visited July 2013