“Marine Land Tours Grand Cayman Deluxe Stingray City Sandbar”

Stingray City Trips
Newark, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Marine Land Tours Grand Cayman Deluxe Stingray City Sandbar”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was my second experience with stingrays in the Grand Cayman Islands. Can't compare with the first one...... SO MUCH BETTER! First and foremost, the sandbar itself is beyond words. Clearest water I have EVER seen (and I've been to plenty of islands in the caribbean). The stingray encounters are amazing. They're everywhere!!! You can feel them swimming right next to your body. Just don't be scared. They are friendly creatures. The staff on board is very friendly and knowledgeable. They tell you all about the stingrays, assist you with holding them, snap pictures for you, and pass out squid to feed the stingrays with! The excursion price is affordable and definitely worth every penny!
Snorkling gear is supplied.

Visited February 2013

Cayman Islands
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Captain Marvin's stingray sandbar tour is a MUST if u visit Cayman 1 day or 10days!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting cayman for over 25 yrs. this is a must! You do not need to know how to swim and is a thrill and relaxing beautiful trip for young and old. They supply everything you need just come in swimwear w/sunscreen applied b/4 & maybe a towel. Your voyage makes 2-3 stops at different locations- 1st the 3' deep sand bar wc you hop in the water and feed the rays. If u would rather watch hop in anyway and let the others feed and touch the rays. They are visited daily and are pet like beautiful gentle creatures that are excited with each arrival of a boat full of visitors. Don't be afraid! Seriously, I stand in awe every time I go and watch the same ones return - look for "stubby" he has no tail :) he will be there with the others waiting for their "treat" of fresh squid provided by your captain. U stay there 20-30 min and board up the steps on the boat and go to coral gardens or the wall. There u will see amazing beautiful coral fans and brain & fire coral... Fluorescent varieties of fish of all sizes and watch as your guide dives below to feel them for u. After u board again u r treated to a slice of orange and fresh fruit to cleanse the salt from your lips and boat on off thru the north sound in turquoise wonder ! This is worth every penny!! I would suggest the morning tour if u have a choice.

1 Thank IslandGirl070
Surrey BC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Deluxe Stingray City Tour - Marineland tours- Fantastic”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

You must book this tour. The best excursion we have been on. Booked through Carnival. The crew was fantastic, very knowledgeable, there to help you with whatever you needed. Worth every penny. What an experience to be in the water with stingrays, swimming all around you. The water is warm and clear. This was the highlight of our cruise last week.
Don't pass on this one. A must do

1 Thank Hooverpuck
Tucson, AZ.
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Sail Catamarn to Stingray City with Captain Bryan”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Don't pass up a trip to Stingray City with Captain Bryan. Great Boat and better staff. They will show you a rreal experience. We were lucky and had only 7 people when we went. Safe area on boat for kids. Nice shaddy area too. Reasonably priced.

ontario
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I took a western Caribbean cruise from Tampa with the last stop being Grand Cayman and decided to go to Stingray City. We did not buy the much more expensive excursion trip from the ship but from one of the many independent operators on shore. We were asked $40US each but READILY took $30 each when I said I would not spend any more than that. This included the transportation to and from the port, the half hour boat ride out to the Stingray City sandbar and it also combined some very good snorkelling. We were also fortunate to be entertained by a dolphin doing tricks as it followed the boat out from Stingray City to the snorkelling reef. My wife who can float but is not much of a swimmer had no problem snorkelling with the use of a life jacket supplied by the boat.

The stingrays were plentiful, huge but gentle, and allowed petting, caressing, kissing, massaged my wife's back with its wing and allowed feeding. What a "funtastic" experience, thanks also to the capable captain and first mate from Captain Bryans (this was the boat that took us out not the name of the tour we booked). I still gave it a rating of 5 for sheer experience even though when we got out to the sandbar it was packed with boats and people. We got back from the excursion in plenty of time which allowed me to check out another snorkelling spot, Eden, about 500 yards below the port (to the right of the cruise exit by Paradise restaurant - green roof building by the water).

1 Thank emifra