“Great beach for snorkeling away from the crowds.”

Ranked #10 of 176 things to do in Grand Cayman
Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you want to get away from the crowds, this is the perfect getaway. We recommend packing a lunch and enjoying the day. You can find a shady spot if you wish. This beach is truly behind a beautiful cemetery, hence the name. There is great snorkeling in the shallows, but off shore is where the better reefs are. Bring your underwater camera. If you are lucky, you might see a barracuda or a nurse shark. Please be aware that you are on your own and there are no lifeguards. If you are not a strong swimmer, I would recommend a flotation device. A great place to watch the sunset.

2  Thank MrRussell

Reviewed August 26, 2013

ample parking in front of cemetery....quiet, yet enough people that it feels safe and great snorkeling....we saw more fish here than any other off shore snorkeling we did.

1  Thank Facil_Traveler
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I had two of the best days of snorkeling at Cemetery Beach. This is a must! It was not crowded at all! Definately one of my favorite attractions in GC!!! Use the buses in GC. Cheaper than the taxis. They run up and down 7 mile beach. Take snacks and drinks. There is no bathroom nor restaurants.

2  Thank Sandi2468
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

It's a beautiful beach, one of the prettiest I have ever seen. There is just something about the color of the water there, that shady shore line, that perfect sand. Maybe it is the fact that the beach is really behind a cemetery.

Think it would be a great beach for families - the current isn't strong and a place for kids to swim. Would be an excellent place for a family picnic. And shady/sunny enough to actually stay on the beach for a long time.

It's just a really beautiful place. I went several time while I was on the trip and would go back in a heart beat.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Even on a windy day, this is a great spot to snorkel with kids. I took my 7yo. and he loved the swimming with the fish.