“Chef Shetty on top of his game.........”
Review of Blue Cilantro

Blue Cilantro
Ranked #18 of 304 Restaurants in Grand Cayman
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Charleston, South Carolina
“Chef Shetty on top of his game.........”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

............After having heard many good things about Chef Shetty's cuisine, I had to experience for myself. Amazing service, and a menu with great variety. If there are vegetarians in your group, they will be most satisfied with the options. Excellent food and a knowledgeable sommelier to pair the delicious plates with the perfect wines. I will be back!

1 Thank NomadKevin

“Wow! Very Impressed.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had heard good things about Blue Cilantro's Sunday brunch but wanted to try dinner here. The atmosphere is very cool and modern and the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. We were sat quickly and didn’t have to wait at all to have our drink order taken. The wine selection is wonderful so the decision was tough. My friend and I ordered the 3 course meal and it was incredible! The jumbo shrimp were impeccably prepared as our starter and the steak main course was among the best I have ever had. Each course came with a detailed description of its ingredients from our server and an interesting overview of its preparation. I have been to almost every restaurant on the Island and I must say that Blue Cilantro is among the very best. This is very impressive when you consider how many great spots there are. I would put this one at the top of your list of places to try.

1 Thank JBS34
Boston, MA
“Fine dining in Grand Cayman”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute dinner as the restaurant we were planning to go to was closed. Boy,am I glad they were. Blue Cilantro is an upscale beautifully appointed restaurant with wonderful waitstaff and fantastic food. A mix of Asian, Indian and local flavors, each dish was made with care and presented beautifully. Make sure to order the assorted breads baked Indian style and the Asian Aromatic Sea Food.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Divergrlll
Grand Cayman
“Superb!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

WE had booked at another restaurant (for 4 of us) but when we arrived they were closed for a private function. So spur of the moment we went to Blue Cilantro. As it turns out we were very pleased the other restaurant was "closed".
Drinks in the small lounge area before the meal were a little slow in coming but once we were at the table service was nothing but excellent the whole evening.
I decided as an appetizer to have some of the flat breads of which there are several choices both stuffed and unstuffed. Unfortunately (and I never learn) everyone else decided they wanted some of the breads. This time I missed out on the Yukon Gold stuffed bread. The ladies decided to have the soup (carrot and corn) which they said was absolutely gorgeous whilst “Pork two ways” found definite favour with my other companion. I tried to monopolize the flat breads.
The entrées were: for me Beef Tenderloin done to perfection; for my wife Crab Cakes as a main course (plate cleared); Mahi Mahi cooked in rice flakes which disappeared just as quick and another fish dish which I must admit I did not really take note of as I was too busy enjoying the first bottle of Cloudy Bay, but I know met with approval.
Desert for the others I know involved ice cream in some way whilst I concentrated on my cheese desert and my 20 year old port. I did try to take a photograph but as I was too busy enjoying it the result was a picture of the crumbs!
Coffee of various styles was well enjoyed by everyone and all in all it could not have turned out a better evening.

Leeds, Alabama
“High class for a price”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Two meals, one the 3 course, the other a five course. Food taste was very good on all items. Visual appeal was exceptionally good. Service was the best ever with waiters, waitresses, servers, head chef, and manager constantly providing attentive good service. Portion size was a little small e.g. only 4 pieces of scallops for a dish. Black Russian excellent. Delicious banana pudding for desert.