“If you miss it, you've missed out!” 5 of 5 bubbles

$58.00*
and up
Starfish and Stingray City Adventure with Snorkeling
Ranked #1 of 167 things to do in Grand Cayman
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Grand Cayman
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“If you miss it, you've missed out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

A true experience for everyone and one you won't soon forget!

Don't let fear stop you, just say "yes" to Stingray City!

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Grand Cayman
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“It's a must do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I live in Grand Cayman, but for visitors this is a must do. Period. Do it! Personally, I have always taken my guests to Stingray City via Captain Marvin's. They are affordable, friendly and do not overcrowd their boats.

Visited April 2013
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A spiritual experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We visited the Caymans a few years ago, and went to this attraction. I cannot remember the name of the charter, but they were very nice. They were located in a strip mall on one of the main roads. If you go to the Grand Caymans, you absolutely MUST go on this charter. The stingrays are calm, and sweet, and are always hungry for the squid you will feed them. To be up close with these birds of the sea, is an amazing and spiritual experience. We did not have any issues with the charter, the photographers, or the stingrays. You must always remember that stingrays in other parts of the world are not used to humans like these are, and even at the other side of the Caymans at Rum Point, they are not "domesticated" and you should be respectful of them. I think that everyone should have a chance to share 15 minutes with these gentle creatures and their view of ocean life will change for the betterment of all.

Visited December 2012
Stoney Creek, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“I though I would love it but didn't”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I really wanted to swim with the rays but it didn't go well for me. I don't have phobia's or fears but I had a sever fear attack when they came close and brushed against me. The water was very wavy so I couldn't see them coming until they were right beside me. I assumed the water would be waist high so I could look down at the stingrays but it was closer to my shoulders. I still get a chill down my spine when I even look at a photo of a stingray. Having said all this my husband and teenaged boys loved it and said watching me have a stingray meltdown was the highlight of their trip. LOL

Visited May 2013
2 Thank 47Coco
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Captian Clinton - Sea Star Charters - saved our son's birthday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We booked a stingray/snorkle charter through ToursCayman.com. They told us to wait at the Westin on SMB and they would pick us up between 1:30-1:45. We waited for over a half of an hour and they were a NO SHOW. We drove down from Rum Point, an hour drive, where we were staying just to have ToursCayman leave us stranded at the Westin on my son's birthday with no tour. Luckly for us Captian Clinton of Sea Star Charters was picking up some people from the Westin for his tour. He was gracious enough to allow us to go with him without a reservation.

His charter was smaller that the one we had originally booked - there were only 12 of us. The rays were awesome. You can tell there are used to being around people. My kids were a bit apprehensive about being in the water with STINGrays, so Captain Clinton found one with no tail and no barb. He was very familiar with the rays and made everyone feel very comfortable around them. We even were able to feed them.

It's funny but we even had people on our tour who could not swim! Captain Clinton had a waist float and we parked on the sand bar so that they could simply get into the water and interact with the rays.

We went snorkling next. Captain Clinton found a nice secluded coral bed and we dropped anchor and went snorkling (the people that couldn't swim stayed onboard). It was like dropping into an aquarium. We say every kind of fish imaginable - even more stingrays and a big old fat green eel!

Captain Clinton even sang "Happy Birthday" to my son and pretended to let him drive the boat back.

This 3 hour tour is probably the best value on an island where everything is pretty expensive. If we come back to GC we will do this again and book with Sea Star Charters this time

Visited November 2013