“Must do”

Stingray City Experience Plus Two Snorkeling Stops
$39.99*
Stingray City Experience from Grand Cayman
Ranked #1 of 176 things to do in Grand Cayman
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We booked our trip through Captain Marvin and I must say it was more than I was expecting . I was so afraid at first , because the stingrays are so big and so friendly so they come to the boat all at once. At the time we were the only boat around. I'm so glad they insisted on me getting there and interacting w them. Def an experience I will never forget, not to mention the water was absolutely beautiful .

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We found ourselves in Stringray City as part of an excursion booked through our Carnival Cruise. It's an experience I'll never forget. And one that still blows my mind, as it was only $60 for a morning at Stingray City and an afternoon at the beach.
I know what you're thinking- too good to be true. But I assure you, it was so awesome.
After a 20-or-so-minute boat ride out out to the sandbar, we hopped off into the 3-foot water for about a half hour of feeding, holding, dodging and snorkeling face to face with these beautiful creatures. They say that it's good luck to kiss a stringray, so we did! Not without a few nervous shrieks, though (on my part, I admit).
If you're scared of deep water, or worried about being out in open water in the middle of the Caribbean, don't be. The water is shallow and beautifully clear. Honestly, it felt more like we were in a pool, rather than miles away from land. The stingrays were so friendly- and there were so many of them! They had no quelms about swimming under, over and brushing by us.
Just after we boarded the boat to move on to our next destination, a dolphin swam in to the area where we had been. Unfortunately, because of time, the tour operators said we had to move on. But really- had it been 5 minutes earlier, we could've swam with a dolphin, too! So cool.
If you're going to be on Grand Cayman, you have to experience this. Words can't describe how worth it it was.

2  Thank Becca G
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I must admit I was a little scared when we pulled up and all these people were in the water with sting rays surrounding them but once I got in the water they were so fascinating and we had a blast! Even small children were enjoying it. They rub up against you like cats. We got to hold one, kiss it, and get a back rub with it. We were just advised not to step on them. The location is gorgeous. The water is crystal clear and it's bizarre because you're in this shallow area in the middle of the ocean. Totally worth it!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was an incredible experience. It was a little scary because you are constantly thinking about the stingray's barb. But the guys who give the tour really seem to enjoy their work and they are with the animals every day. They reassured everyone that there was nothing to fear and that the stingrays are very docile and will only use the barb IF and only IF they are threatened and they can only use it once, so they are not going to waste it! It was a very fun experience and I recommend it.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Holding and feeding stingrays is such a unique experience. I would advice to be careful with some of the tours as lifting stingrays out of the water should not be done but many of the tours do it for show. Try some of the smaller excursion companies, we went with a company called Fantasea Tours which was a really small group on a small boat and he spent ages at the sandbar with us. The rays target the new boats coming in so it's a slight fight for attention! The stingrays are gentle and velvet soft but should be treated with respect due to their barbed spines. Every time I've been its so special and good fun for all families members as the sandbars are very shallow. If you're going to do anything while in Cayman, do this!