“Big, Bigger, and Huge”

Stingray City Experience Plus Two Snorkeling Stops
$39.99*
Stingray City Experience from Grand Cayman
Ranked #1 of 176 things to do in Grand Cayman
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 15, 2013

If traveling by cruise ship to Grand Caymen, I would recommend looking online for an excursion, such as Fat Fish Adventures (posted some info there). Stingray City is a sandy reef in the lagoon area around Grand Caymen. While we arrived by Jetski, there were some larger vessels packed full of people going to see these enormous-sized Stingrays. The sea creatures are very gentle, people-friendly, and looking for the food that the tours bring to feed them (mostly frozen squid). One of the top attractions in Grand Caymen and definitely worth the money.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

For my one year anniversary, my husband and I took a western Caribbean cruise and The Cayman Islands were by far our favorite port of call. The water was gorgeous and so was the island. We visited the Stingray City Sandbar and got to swim with gentle Southern Rays. This is such a fun experience. The rays were huge. They loved having us feed them and rub their bellies. We got to hold and kiss them and swim in the turquoise waters. The only regret I had was not getting the pictures and video of us playing with them. After the one hour tour, we got to spend a couple hours at Tiki Beach located on Seven Mile Beach. Here the water was crystal clear and you can swim and snorkel near the reef. We will definitely plan a trip back in the future.

1  Thank April B
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We are sooo glad we took the RED sail cat out to swim with the Stingrays. This is one thing you must do while visiting Cayman. Although I grew up being told to "shuffle my feet" I felt comfortable with these beautiful creatures. I highly suggest that you check the Cruise line schedule and try to do this activity when there our little or NO boats in port. We were the only ones on the sand bar and it was perfect!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went to Stingray City" on glassbottomboat with Red Sails sports, had a blast Warren and Fuss, made sure we all had a chance to feed and inneract with rays GREAT TRIP!!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

After getting past the Steve Irwin fear ( :\ ), we had an awe-inspiring time learning how to interact with the stingrays. They seemed like the Golden Retrievers of the ocean: "Hi. Pet me. Love me. Feed me. Pet me some more. Hi." Unbelievable that they are that docile out in the wild.