“Felt like family”
Review of Sun Rays Tours

Sun Rays Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Sailing catamaran tours to Stingray City and coral reef for snorkeling on board of a Lagoon 380 S2.
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Felt like family”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My cousin and I took this tour as it was recommended by our concierge. I'm so happy we did. We met a wonderful couple from New Jersey and the other passengers on this ship were family members of the captain (who sailed this boat from Europe to the Cayman's). I felt completely at ease on this trip - from swimming with the stingrays (ok, I wasn't at ease with that part) to snorkeling through the reef- they were excellent hosts.

While on our cruise, we saw a ship from another company - packed with people. Just packed. I'm so glad we were on a smaller vessel. Seemed a bit more intimate and less touristy.

My favorite part was sailing back afterward. I loved watching them transform the ship for the trip back - it was so relaxing. If you want to go to String Ray City - take Sun Rays.

Visited January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mountain View, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“really excellent - beautiful trip”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The captain of this beautiful ship is a retired Italian civil engineer. The ship is gorgeous and spotless. He lives on board, so you'll spot an espresso maker in his cabin below. An Italian diver and a wonderful young man, born in the Caymans, were our snorkeling hosts. The stingrays were beautiful to experience. Apparently, they are recognizable to the excursion staff - they even have names for many of the stingrays. They come, of course, for the delicious eats, and it was great fun to feed them. You could even "hold" them gently under their "wings". Then we went to a snorkel spot that was very beautiful. There was a professional cruise writer on our trip who said he'd been on dozens of excursions, and this was the best. That was high praise, indeed. (You can skip the pizza they serve - it's the only thing that was ordinary - wish it were real Italian pizza, but I bet the crew did, too)

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best for Stingray City!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is my third time to Stingray City and the third time was the charm!! First the catamaran - it was beautiful!! Clean and well kept with plenty of room in the sun and shade. The guides were the greatest! Because Sun Rays keeps their tours small, the guides can give each person individual attention!! They even took photos to be posted on facebook so you could download them yourself!! No Charge!! Loved every minute of this trip, especially the sail back to the dock - wonderful and relaxing! This trip cost more than your "cattle call" tours to Stingray City and it is worth every penny and then more!!

Poway, California
“"INCREDIBLE TOUR"”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We booked this tour ahead of time on the Trip Advisor advice we had read about Sun Ray Tours from previous guests. The complete tour on 2/11/2014 was top-notch! Daniella helped us book the trip and amazingly didn't have to pay a deposit or pay in full up front. They take you at your word you will be there and pay at the end of the day! My husband didn't feel well and decided not to go and they didn't make a big deal of it or charge us for his absence. Captain/Owner Lorenzo had a beautiful catamaran and he obviously takes excellent care of equipment. Rodney & Walter were very helpful to prepare us for touching/petting the string rays. Awesome guides as Walter/master diver dove down in front of us to point out things we might have missed. He also clapped his hands close to coral to bring out more fish. He aroused a HUGE green eel under a rock and the eel came out so we could see all (approx.5') of him before going back into hiding. The water was so clear, it was like swimming in an aquarium and the barrier reef was gorgeous! Rodney stayed behind to keep everyone in the right direction. My friend who didn't snorkel noticed that the Captain kept his eyes on swimmers at all times, helping guides with wandering swimmers. So he obviously was very conscious about the safety of his clients. Then it was topped off by a full sail back to dock as we were served pizza and soft drinks or water. They also take pictures for you and post them free! I'm anxious to see them! Perfect day all the way around! I'd advise anyone thinking about going to George Town to BE SURE AN BOOK WITH SUN RAY TOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd go again, it was that good!

Memphis, Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Day in Cayman Island”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We had a change in our plans when the company that we booked with had boat engine trouble. We were met at the terminal and asked if we would go with another tour company and are we glad we did. This is a must tour for anyone wanting to see something cool. Captain Lorenzo has a very comfortable catamaran with shade. (Very Important) We went out to the sandbar and his two guides Rodney and Walter did a super job of helping us enjoying swimming with the stingrays and seeing the beautiful coral reef. Be sure and have a lot of sun screen as you can burn very easy out there. We got to swim and feed the stingrays, and some brave souls even kissed them.The snorkeling will take your breathe away how beautiful it is down there. It was like being in a National Geographic picture. You go back under full sail to complete a beautiful day in Georgetown.