“So Sad”
Review of Sun Rays Tours

Sun Rays Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Sailing catamaran tours to Stingray City and coral reef for snorkeling on board of a Lagoon 380 S2.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband, daughter, granddaughter and myself were booked with Sun Ray for Friday, March 29, 2013. We were so excited, however, the weather did not cooperate. We were met at the dock as promised, however, were told that Sting Ray City had been closed the day before and was open on Friday, with extreme caution. After some discussion with the guide, he recommended that we NOT go, especially with our granddaughter only being 7 and a little on the short side. Even though we didn't get the chance to go, I have extreme praise for this company. They could have taken us out there and charged us, but they were so up front and we could tell he felt as bad as we did. I truly hope to get back to Grand Cayman and will not hesitate to book with Sun Rays.

There are newer reviews for Sun Rays Tours

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I were really excited to swim with the stingrays and stumbled upon Sun Ray. I am sooooooo glad we did. The guides and boat owner were so sincerely invested in the guests and the experience. They were informative, funny, personable, and really caring. After seeing some of the other tour boats at Stingray City and at the reefs, I am so happy we were with Sun Ray. At the snorkeling reefs, the guides on our boat were directing the guides no other boats to stop their guests from standing on the reefs. The Sun Ray crew genuinely care about their surroundings. They appreciate the water, the reefs and the animals, which makes it even more meaningful to the guests.

We sailed back from the reef on the well-kept catamaran, and it was so beautiful and relaxing. The family atmosphere was a lot of fun - even for those without kids.

If you're considering going to Stingray City you would be crazy for considering any other tour. Great value, great time and memorable experience.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and i wanted to go on a tour with a small group of people. There were about 12 of us with 3 guides. They explained everything well to us as we swam with and fed the stingrays. They told us what we needed to know beforehand and were wonderful with kids. They took us snorkeling to a nearby reef where they told us what different fish were and we even saw a big moray eel. The snorkeling was absolutely beautiful and the sting rays were amazing too! Afterwards, they also served pizza to everyone. Th price was not bad at only $70 each. This was a great group to go with, especially if you want a smaller group with a more personal touch. I would recommend it to anyone, whatever age you are.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Really enjoyed our experience with the Sun Ray Tours crew. Kind, courteous, informative and very actively involved in creating a memorable experience. The group was small (15) and the boat had plenty of space for everyone and then some. They facilitated an individual experience with a stingray for every guest, I never thought I would kiss a stingray but 7 years of good luck is worth it. A guided snorkel tour of the reef was amazing, with a visit from 'Jenny', the moray eel, starting it off. The finishing sail back to the dock with a slice pizza was great. Thanks guys, it was great.

1  Thank PoseyTraveler
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I went in February and had an incredible experience. The gentlemen tour guides were gracious hosts. They guided us as we snorkeled through the coral and offered us yummy pizza. The boat ride was very pleasant as well. I highly recommend this tour. Oh! Their Italian accents were also a plus!

1  Thank Alicia R