“Diving with the best!”
Review of Deep Blue Divers

Deep Blue Divers
Ranked #9 of 202 Tours in Grand Cayman
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I started diving over 6 years ago. My first 10 dives were with Nick, Patrick and Rick. I had multiple problems with my mask on the first 2 days. Nick gave me his mask to try and sure enough it was a perfect fit. I ran to the store on the island and bought the same mask as his. That was 6 years ago and over 250 dives later, the deep blue divers are the best!! I try to go back every year and only dive with them. It is like coming home again. Like another reviewer said, they make you feel like family!!! Thanks guys!

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"dive operator"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Last week was my 4th trip to Grand Cayman in the last 10 years, and third time SCUBA diving through Deep Blue Divers. I'm an experienced but infrequent diver, and owner Nick Buckley and Master Divers Rick and Charlie do a masterful job matching the dive group to each other, the dive site, and the weather. Pricing is about average, they pick you up at your hotel or condo (Westin for me; very happy there), and their equipment and service is outstanding. This trip was to Big Tunnels and La Mesa off 7 mile beach. La Mesa is an outstanding site (think 150 yard diameter hockey puck of coral sitting on a white sand bottom of 50 ft depth) for marine variety and reacquainting midwestern USA divers with the tropical sport. Wise, safe, and well defined dive plans had our group seamlessly working La Mesa for 45 minutes. Big Tunnels was deeper and shorter, but a joy as well. So thanks, Deep Blue, I'll be back, with my brothers..........

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The entire staff is very friendly and very knowledgeable. Couldn't have been any happier. 6 days of 2 tanks each. Highly recommend checking them out.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Having never dived before, I was nervous about trying the sport, but the crew at Deep Blue Divers made the experience one that I will never forget. Firstly I did a 'try scuba diving' type session. This involved learning the skills and rules involved, firstly by watching a video, then being tested by the instructor, and finally having a good look at the equipment. Then you get the gear on, go over everything again (the instructors are very thorough, but don't hesitate to ask questions), before getting into the water. At this stage it's shallow and you put into practice the skills you have learnt. Only when you are confident and ready will they take you out deeper. I must admit I found it difficult at first, but my instructor was patient and used his experience and knowledge to find the best way to make me confident and to correctly carry out the skills. We then headed out and dived about 25-30ft deep for one of the most amazing experiences, the views are simply spectacular, the reef was large, saw turtles, tarpon and all the exotic fish you expect to see, and this was only a shore dive! The bug had got me and I was desperate to dive again. A few days later I went out on one of their boats. They are small so you are not with a large group, which is better as it feels more of a personal experience. Rick and Charlie were the crew and they were both extremely knowledgable, experienced and fun to be around. We first dived the west wall, this was about 50ft down and you follow the wall as well as the reef at the top of it. Seeing a huge moray eel was a highlight! The second dive was to the wreck of the oro verde, so two different views but both with amazing views!

I have to say that this was an experience I will never forget! Forget trying other dive centres, this is the place to go! All the crew are great to be around and will make sure you get the most out of he experience. Nick, the manager, is a great guy who makes sure his clients are looked after, and goes out of his way to accommodate.

Thanks for the experience of a lifetime!!!