“just stunning”

Ranked #12 of 182 Tours in Grand Cayman
Bridge Lake, Canada
“just stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Everything was amazing: the reefs they take you to, their knowledge, the way they take care of you, the equipment, timing, etc. I can really recommend the Deep Blue Divers, we went out with Rick and Charlie for a week and had a blast!

Visited February 2013

Rockville, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Lionfish, Turtles and Morays oh my.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We've been to Cayman a half dozen times and dove around the world. Deep Blue has definitely been our favorite operator. They leave early to get the best pick of sites and pick up/drop off at your accommodations if needed. They run small boats so you're not stuck in a large group as with some operators. We've had between 3-7 people on the boat and been out with them for eight or nine 2-tank dives. Their full service setup of your tanks, equipment and even helping you put on your vest and defogging your mask almost makes it too easy.

My 11 year old dove with Deep Blue last year and this but had not seen Patrick spear any lionfish while I had seen probably 15. We made that request and took one last morning dive and Patrick obliged spearing three more lionfish so my son can brag at school! The only problem with Patrick is that my wife thinks he's cute!

One thing to note when going out with Deep Blue Divers is that they share a store with a couple other operators, so you meet at the Lobster Pot Dive Center and park across the street when going out on dives.

Thanks again to Nick, Patrick and everyone at Deep Blue and the Lobster Pot.

Short Hills, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Deep Blue Divers, Grand Cayman”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I first dove with the owner of Deep Blue Divers, Nick Buckley in 2000. Since then, I have dived various destinations, but have returned to Grand Cayman and Deep Blue Divers over the past 5 years for just pleasant Caribbean diving.

The Cayman Islands were ranked #1 Best Destination overall (tied with Bonaire) in the Atlantic and Caribbean region by SCUBA Diving magazine (2012 Readers' Choice Awards). Deep Blue Divers is the outfit that sets the standard for Caribbean SCUBA diving.

Dive groups are small (normally 4 - 7 people) and the dives are personalized to the experience level of the individual divers. Deep Blue Diver boats are fast and well-maintained, so dive destinations are reached quickly. The outfit operates out of a full-service dive shop. My equipment was fully setup by the staff for each dive and at the end of the week was returned to me in a clean condition.

The staff at Deep Blue Divers are knowledgeable and professional. Pre-dive briefings are clear as also are the dive plans for individual sites. The staff know the individual sites well, and describe the site both in terms of the physical characteristics of the site, and the sea life that will be seen during the dive.

I highly recommend Deep Blue Divers. I will be coming to Grand Cayman, and diving with this outfit in the future.

Greenville, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What diving is supposed to be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just finished a week of diving with Deep Blue..... Nick, Rick, Patrick and Charlie make the entire experience pleasurable. I have used Deep Blue for over 6 years... Nick certified my youngest which was my first experience with the team, and I wouldn't THINK of using anyone else on Grand Cayman.
As others have mentioned, regardless of your experience level, the Deep Blue team make you feel like their operation is dedicated exactly to your level. Even on a boat with "mixed" experience levels, their methodologies and attention to personal needs just make everything relaxed and fun. Going out early as they do (7:30 show up time) allows the boat and crew to pick the perfect sites... 1st and 2nd dives ! Also getting back to the dock between 10:30 and 11:00 gives you the rest of the day to enjoy the beaches and town.
Can't say enough good about Deep Blue, whether its honing your dive skills, tips on the wildlife, what to do on the island, how to get better pictures.... they have the knowledge, experience and personalities to make you want to come back..... even NIck.

1 Thank 81Boiler
North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Best Diving Outfit-anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you want an exceptional, fun, and easy dive experience, then go with Deep Blue! I was certified at age 14, and I have been diving all over the world for the last 28 years. (Red Sea, Little Cayman, all over the Caribbean, off the coasts of many places-- Belize, Malaysia, Kenya, Hawaii, Zanzibar, etc.) I have been going to Grand Cayman every year since 1980. I say this to add credibility to this statement: This is without-a-doubt the BEST diving outfit I have ever been diving with. They are straightforward, efficient, professional, and highly knowledgable about diving and the wildlife. (I dare you to stump Patrick with a fish he does not know.) They leave at 7:30 in the AM, and often return by 11 AM. You get the pick of the dive sites because you are often the first boat out, and then you still have a whole day of beach time to enjoy after 2 incredible dives. They pick you up and take you home. The dives are very personal with only a few (4-8) divers per boat, but the prices are first rate/affordable. You never have to worry about other reckless divers, too many people on the boat about to drop their weight belts on your toes, looking for a spot to sit on the boat, enduring long wait times on the boat, or being concerned that you would not allow the dive masters to care for your goldfish. It is important to know that they will take care of you whether you last went diving 5 years ago or just last week and whether you are a seasoned diver or just got certified. They meet your expectations and needs wherever you are. They will also help you with equipment -even de-fogging your mask--and set everything up for you. I have been with many dive outfits everywhere in the world and on Grand Cayman, and while almost all experiences have been very,very good, I think that Deep Blue is the best. I always dive with them now. Absolutely fabulous! Enjoy!

1 Thank welovevacations!NC