“Amazing Experience”

Off the Wall Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Off The Wall Divers (located at The Lobster Pot Dive Center) is a small, two (2) boat dive operation located on the island of Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.The company, formed in the early 1990s, operates 28-foot Parkers, taking a maximum of eight (8) divers to dive sites around the island.Off The Wall offers 2-tank and 1-tank dives, as well as trips to the ex-USS Kittiwake, and Stingray City (SRC). Dive training is offers through PADI, SDI and SSI - from "resort" to divemaster.Being a small company, we are able to structure your diving trip to your needs, weather permitting. And, we are able to accommodate divers from cruise ships.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have used Trip Advisor to plan many great vacations over the past few years and Off the Wall Divers and its' staff impressed me so much I thought it was finally time I left my first review. Off the Wall Divers provided magnificent customer service from start to finish. Tom and his crew were knowledgeable, kind, skilled, funny- everything you would want from a great establishment!

My fiance and I have always wanted to learn how to scuba dive. We took the classroom and confined water class at home so we could optimize our time in the ocean in Grand Cayman. Tom always answered our e-mails within 24 hours while we were planning our trip. We had A LOT of questions being so new at this and he answered every single one and really made us feel at ease. He was very flexible with our times and dates and worked with us so we could fit more dives into our vacation. He picked us up from our hotel right on time and drove us to the dive spot at Cheeseburger Reef. He was well organized and had everything ready for us so it all went very smoothly. His genuine interest in teaching others about diving was obvious and made us even more excited. His enthusiasm was contagious and we knew we had picked the right dive group.

We did all of our open water certification dives with Tom and they were all truly an amazing experience. We saw so many different forms of corals, sponges, reefs, and a multitude of different species of sea life. We both felt safe the entire time and were able to enjoy all the natural wonders Mother Nature had to offer. Tom would even write on a board when we were underwater to point out different creatures and teach us the different names of the fish, crabs, shells, etc so we would know what we were seeing. He also took some awesome pictures of us diving so we could show them to friends and family back home!

I would HIGHLY recommend Off the Wall Divers to anyone who wants a great experience!

1  Thank CarrieR22
Thomas S, Owner at Off the Wall Divers, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Kelly, Courtney and Tom appreciate the kind words towards Off The Wall Divers. We hope you (Carrie) and Mike have nothing but amazing dive experiences and we are happy to be part of your wonderful experience. Dive S.A.F.E.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was expecting a spectacular "Wall DIve" like I had experienced in the Caymans several years ago.
However the "Wall Dive" that I got with OWD was OK but there was no "real" wall there or caves - like the other wall dive I had there in the past.

I was only there one day on a cruise ship stop, so I missed my one opportunity to see the really good parts of the west wall.

The crew was friendly and the pickup near the cruise terminal was nice.

But I went there to get the max. scenery on a one day dive trip and left dissapointed.

If I ever get back to Cayman I will use someone else.

1  Thank Pablo_Kruise
otwd3483, Owner at Off the Wall Divers, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

On 28DEC, I received a note from the writer saying he was disappointed with his wall dive on 18DEC. After looking into the situation, it was evident that the diver/writing was not happy because he did not get what he experienced "15 years" (his quote) when he dove Cayman.
I immediately replied and asked if by any chance he had a log of his past Cayman dive or could remember the dive site. Neither were available.
When this booking was accepted, it was learned that the diver had not dove in "6 years" (his quote), and he was inquiring "I have my original PADI OWD Card from 1996, it is still good right??"
I recommend to the diver that he complete a full refresher, which he did (in early DEC).

Upon arrival in Cayman, he (and others) were met promptly and greeted accordingly, and then transfer to the shop. After confirming all gear, and getting all divers onboard, the captain and crew headed out to the dive site.

The site I believe that was chosen was Eagles Nest off the West side (7 Mile). Because this site was not as dramatic, or did not include swim-thrus of Big Tunnels, or Orange Canyon, he felt he was due a refund because he did not experience what "he wanted to experience". As a responsible dive operator, we must be conscious of all onboard, and also be aware of the ocean conditions.

In my initial reply to the write, I also advised him that diving the West, is much different than diving the North. . . .which is much different than diving South.

Thank you and safe diving to all! Tom @ Off The Wall Divers

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Tom, Kelly, & Courtney are the BEST. They are fun, safe, informative, and great people. I recommend this company highly. I have had multiple experiences with Off the Wall over the last 9 or so years. Super group!! You won't be disappointed.

shrop3483, Owner at Off the Wall Divers, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for the kind words. Courtney, Kelly and Tom appreciate it as "word of mouth" is what we rely on. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a great time diving with Tom and his crew! They were so eager to make our experience the best and help us in any way. It was the first time diving for my son and he was a natural in the water. He could not wait to go every day to see what we were going to find. Off the Wall was the best dive team I have ever used over the years!

otwd3483, Owner at Off the Wall Divers, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you Susan for the kind words. Glad the trip was memorable and hope you have many more in the future. TKS

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Great service. Made me feel comfortable and gave me some great tips on diving and my gear to make it very pleasant for me unlike a very large dive operator who doesn't deserve the business