“Off the wall divers are not so off”

Off the Wall Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Off The Wall Divers (located at The Lobster Pot Dive Center) is a small, two (2) boat dive operation located on the island of Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.The company, formed in the early 1990s, operates 28-foot Parkers, taking a maximum of eight (8) divers to dive sites around the island.Off The Wall offers 2-tank and 1-tank dives, as well as trips to the ex-USS Kittiwake, and Stingray City (SRC). Dive training is offers through PADI, SDI and SSI - from "resort" to divemaster.Being a small company, we are able to structure your diving trip to your needs, weather permitting. And, we are able to accommodate divers from cruise ships.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Off the wall divers are not so off”
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Great service. Made me feel comfortable and gave me some great tips on diving and my gear to make it very pleasant for me unlike a very large dive operator who doesn't deserve the business

Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Everything you could hope for”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We brought our family of five down for a week of diving in the Cayman Islands. Tom, Kelly, and Courtney provided concierge type service for the entire week. Not only did they design and plan a perfect week of diving for the entire family, they were full of dinner suggestions and travel tips. They accomodated our 10 year old on her first post certifications dives, and finished up advanced open water certification for our old 15 year old. They made Mom feel comfortable in the water again (which is quite an accomplishment.) Our next trip to the Cayman Islands wil involve one phone call to Tom and his team. No need to look anywhere else.

Visited March 2012
Jersey, Channel Islands
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Excellent service from Tom Shropshire and crew”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

The crew at Off the Wall Divers (Tom, Kelly & Courtney) have been excellent. Our boys completed their PADI Open Water Diver courses with Tom who has been so attentive and patient with the boys, and like the review from another reader, I have not dived for years so gave me a refresher course ensuring at all times that I was comfortable with getting back in the water. He's made personal stops at the condo to go over the paperwork and collect us for dives. Kelly is incredibly knowledgeable with the reefs explaining everything fully before we jumped into the water, and pointing out the tiniest of detail as we swim Lang the reefs. Courtney always ensured our kit was set up and ready to go, so overall an excellent crew of three supporting a maximum of eight divers on any trip, ensuring positive personal attention at all times. Thanks guys! Highly recommended.

4 Thank tycariadus
Orlando, Florida
“Above andBeyond Expectations”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Tom and Kelly have been by far the best dive operation we have gone with! They took personal care of every detail. They were patient with the two beginning divers and myself, who hadn't dove in years. They brought snacks for everyone, set up our tanks, helped each person put on and take off their tanks, transferred gear to next dive, were prompt, answered phone calls and emails quickly. They were knowledgable about the area and weather conditions. I would recommend Off the Wall Divers without hesitation to anyone going to the Caymans at any experience level.

Visited June 2012
otwd3483, Owner at Off the Wall Divers, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks for the wonderful comments. It was a pleasure to have you onboard with us.
NYC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Superb Diving Trip..”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We did the core of our diving course at home and set up our open water dives with Tom from Off the Wall at the recommendation of one of our dive instructors.. Well, what can I say, except "absolutely fantastic"... I emailed him before leaving and within a couple of hours, he emailed me the paperwork and confirmation. We were starting 1 day early, but my son got sick so we went along with regular plans as preset.

Tom is the nicest and most professional person you can meet. He went over everything with us again as a quick refresher to our course, we did the first 2 dives off the Lobster Pot where their office is, Beautiful reefs, right there to go over all our skills.

We spent 2 days with Tom finishing our open water dives, then did an additional dive with a friendly company he recommended since his motor blew on one of his boats. Would have done more dives, but my sons ear was bothering him after the 5th dive in 3 days.. We will definitely look Tom up as we are already planning another trip there.. I would highly recommend Tom and Off the Wall Divers, "especially" if you are planning your open water dives there.. Why dive in the cold waters of the US, when you can do your certifying dives with Tom in the Caymans..

Visited July 2012
, Owner at Off the Wall Divers, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thanks to "both Burbano" family members. Great diving and well taught by the folks at SN in NYC. Would love to have you back diving with us soon. Best wishes. TKS