“Fine wreck dive”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Reviewed June 30, 2006

November, 2005. Sam told me that there was a good wreck – the “Doc Polson” - in West Bay. Consequently, during this morning’s surface interval, Logan, Bill, Monica, and I lobbied to have our second dive be on this 80-foot wreck of a Japanese cable layer resting in 56 feet of water.
This turned out to be a great dive lasting 41 minutes, and we were able to penetrate the wreck from stem to stern, as well as entering the wheelhouse. On the upper deck near the bow in front of the superstructure we found a good-sized – between four and five feet in length - green and brown Moray Eel.
He kept ducking his head inside his lair, so I went around in back, where I found about a foot of his tail sticking out. I gave it a tweak so that he would stick his head out the other side and give the other divers a look. However, he suddenly whirled around so that I found myself face-to-face with him. I beat a hasty retreat, but when he calmed down I went back to gave him another tweak. This had the desired result, enabling the others to get a good view of him as he poked his head out. There were lots of other fish around the wreck, including huge French Angels, making it a fine dive.

3  Thank lajollabob