“Worth visiting, at least briefly”
Review of Rum Point

$49.00*
Cayman Islands Eastern District Highlights Tour
Ranked #13 of 179 things to do in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Secluded beach on northern Grand Cayman.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

As I suspect that you have read elsewhere, this area can be particularly crowded on weekends. Pretty much everyday there are cruise ship passengers ferried over (certain areas are reserved for them) and this is a beehive of activity. The beach is nice and the views beautiful. There are a number of restaurants, stores, dive shops, etc. which can be good or bad, depending on what you are looking for in a beach. It was a little too crowded for my taste and we did not find the snorkeling areas that others have raved about. For a two hour visit it was fine for us. Others might be turned off immediately by the number of people and activities (including jet ski rentals that bother me because of the noise and danger to swimmers). Definitely worth a visit. If you want more privacy and quiet you can head down to the point where the starfish are (there were only a few there the day we went, but it is a quiet and beautiful spot) or double back about 1/2 mile to the Cayman Kai Public Beach, which has restroom facilities only and seems to be deserted most of the time.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,309)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The water here is beautiful. The white sand beaches and blue water make this such a wonderful relaxing place. It was our favorite beach on Grand Cayman. We rented a jet ski one day. It was fairly pricey and the area we could take the jet ski was very small. However being out there on the beautiful water made it worth it. We purchased some water noodles at a local grocery store and bobbed out in the ocean for hours. We even saw a few sting rays. Every time I look at my numerous pictures I took of this place I long to be back.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

did not spend to much time here did a tour from there and went to star fish point back in that area. The area was very nice away from the crouds and what beautiful houses. would like to have spend a day there but next time i will.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This place has it all food, drinks, tables, beach chairs, washrooms, showers, water activities. The water is pretty calm and clear. Great place for families. There were a lot of kids there, so if you want more of a peaceful place to chill you might try Cemetery beach.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

For starters; I love Rum Punch and this place has the best Rum Punch I have ever had... Sunset Rum Punch... WOW...
My family had a good time here, sure it''s touristy, but it's a good kind of touristy. Service was good although it took a while to get the bill; but we didn't care since we were on a beautiful beach!