“More like heck”

and up
West Bay Sightseeing Tour Plus Royal Palms Beach Visit
Ranked #41 of 175 things to do in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Jagged black rock formations in Grand Cayman's northwest fabled to resemble the actual "hell."
Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“More like heck”
Reviewed October 7, 2005

I agree with the others: not a bad experience, touristy, nothing to do other than look at black rocks, take pictures of black rocks and then send postcards of black rocks. (Note: of the 6 postcards I sent from Hell, only 3 made it.) Worth the short trip just for kicks and it's fun to say you've "been there, done that" the next time someone tells you to go to Hell.

18 Thank Mycket

• Czech first
“Loved Hell”
Reviewed August 11, 2005

I was On a Ciribbean cruise (Carnival Triump) and we stoped in Grand Caymen, but the tour I took was In Hell, we swam with the Stingrays, it was so pretty, i recommend it to everyone

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“hell,very interesting”
Reviewed August 23, 2004

My visit to hell was not the most exciting thing i did in grand cayman but it was not the most boring either. Hell needs something more to attract more visitors but it is an interesting place to visit. If you're in grand cayman go visit hell yourself because no review can account for the place, as if u see it for yourself with your own eyes.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“I got married there. No better place to get married than Hell”
Reviewed May 24, 2004

Hell is a very beautiful place. Hell, is an area of Grand Cayman that was once under water. The limestone deposits are from the coral that had inhabited that area. A bacteria attacks the dead coral (limestone) and turns it black. So, what one sees is lots of black jagged rocks that kind of look like brimstone. In the distance the Mangrove trees have started to take over the area about 200-300 yards away from the Hell stone. Very Pretty and unique. If you visit Grand Cayman go to Hell. haha

34 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“If you think you've been to Hell.............”
Reviewed May 8, 2004

I read the reviews before I went. I really wanted to go, just to say I'd been there, but the reviews weren't that good. I wasn't disappointed. You might hear that it's too far out of the way.......don't bother. But, I'm glad I did. There's not really much to see, but it's worth the trip. It's really not that far out of the way. If you go to Cemetary Reef (which is a MUST DO), it's only a few minutes away. After all, who can really say they have been to Hell and back. I can! You should too!

29 Thank SuziLush