“Food was great”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New York
“Food was great”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

After a slightly awkward greeting, they could not find our reservation, we were seated on the screened in porch with a view of the water at one of the nicely spaced tables. After this the servers were very nice. The pace of the meal was slow. For some people it would have been way too slow. For us, it was perfect but they were not busy. Cannot predict what would happen if the restaurant was busy. Now for the food. We shared ceviche three ways. It was excellent. Then we had fish and scallops. The fish was good; the scallops were great. The scallops were supposed to come with mashed potatoes but I substituted the sweet potato hash. Great move! Dessert was a delicious mango sorbet. We would return in a minute.

“Worth the drive”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

While staying in the East End, we drove to Rum Point for dinner. We had enjoyed the food last year and were anxious to return. We were certainly not disappointed. The area outside the restaurant is reminiscent of vacation areas in the sixties--very welcoming and laid back. We arrived without reservations but were seated at the last table with a view of the water and pier inside the screened in wrap-around porch. The presentation of the food was beautiful. Their specials were 3 different catch of the day grilled, blackened, or pan fried. We chose salmon and snapper. Both were served with chef's choice steamed vegetables, one with rice and the other mashed squash. The food was excellent. Would recommend to all. As an aside, it is a beautiful location for sunset photos.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My boyfriend & I ate here this past week. We drove to Rum Point from Seven Mile Beach, but I was told you can take a boat from there. The boat ride is free if you eat at the restaurant. We had the trio of ceviche, which was fine. They also gave us a free sample appetizer, already picked out by the kitchen, and bread. I ordered the seared diver scallops, which were amazing. Sooooo good, I'm so glad I ordered it. And my boyfriend ordered a fish entree, he wasn't particularly impressed with any of the fish dinners on the island. He did enjoy sharing my scallop dinner with me. The drinks were great, and we ordered the key lime pie for dessert. That was delicious as well. The restaurant has a great view of the ocean. The service was good.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Fantastic meal ruined by poor service”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We ate the Seafood hot pot, at $33, it seemed pricey. Not so, it was worth every penny. An awesome meal. The wine list is exceptional and the atmosphere, right on the beach, is outstanding. I would have gone for dessert but the service was so poor, I couldn't stand another minute of it. The waiter brought our check before our meal, he forgot to take our order, he was confused about the menu, and everything else. Even the manager was AWOL when I wanted to complain. The place had only five tables full in the off season so no excuses here.

Visited June 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great food right on the beach”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I had the jerk chicken wrap and my wife had the fish sandwich. Both were great! We also had the mudslide and another rum drink. The drinks rivaled Mama's Fish House in Maui. If you've been there then you know how tough those drinks are to even come close to. Rum Point is a great place!