“Pretty good but not great by any means”
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
Ranked #44 of 305 Restaurants in Grand Cayman
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Wharf Restaurant and Bar is where fine food is matched by beautiful scenery. Located on the edge of the Caribbean Sea, at the start of the world famous Seven Mile Beach, The Wharf has long been regarded as one of the most beautiful and memorable restaurants in the Cayman Islands, by tourists and locals alike. Dine on the waterfront, under the stars and enjoy majestic panoramic ocean views and award winning local seafood and continental cuisine. With one of the largest wine cellars in the Cayman Islands, The Wharf restaurant has won a Wine Spectator award every year since 2004.
San Antonio, Texas
“Pretty good but not great by any means”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We ate here on our last night. Please keep in mind that I am not a seafood person. I had a steak and it was bland and overcooked. The sides were okay but nothing to brag about. The service was slow. The views of the ocean are very nice and the large tarpons (fish) in the water are cool to watch and feed. I might recommend to couples who like seafood but I wouldn't recommend to families with children who are picky eaters.

1 Thank wittywhit211

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“A Good Recommendation”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A friend recommended The Wharf for dining while in Grand Cayman. We were placed at a table overlooking the water and the even present tarpons. The wine list was extensive and a little pricey, but we were able to find selections to satisfy our group of 8. My wife and I shared the turtle steak and lobster entree and avoided a shared plate charge with the help of our server. The turtle steak did not taste like chicken and was a little chewy but good. I would recommend a dinner reservation time that would include seeing the sunset from this property. It would be spectacular. At 9pm is feeding time for the tarpons which is loads of fun for the kids who get to help. The Wharf has great atmosphere and decent food and drink.

1 Thank Gerry17601
Orleans, Massachusetts
“Can't Go Wrong”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our hotel recommended the Wharf and we were not disappointed. The location is very nice although they seem to cater to large groups. So fair warning, stay away from the larger table sets as it gets a bit loud. The food was very good, well presented and imaginative. A definite choice if you are staying on 7 mile beach. Do't eat in if you have the choice of going out.

1 Thank John L
Saratoga, California
“Fine Oceanside dining ...catch a sunset dinner here...”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a large restaurant with ample premises on a stellar location. It's views and old world nautical decor are charming.
Service is very good and the meal was great. Plenty of choices..........
Good wine list too...
The tarpons hover near the restaurant in crystal clear water in anticipation of feeding. They are huge fish - good place to take the kids to watch!
We were entertained by the timeless music of barefoot man ........very nice evening!

2 Thank Saapaad
“HYPE DID NOT MATCH THE MEAL”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We went to The Wharf on Super Bowl Sunday, the restaurant was only a quarter full, we had reservations. Everyone at the restaurant was seated on the large outside deck, we were placed in the center of the area with all the people smoking, we were never asked if we wanted a smoking or non smoking section. I told the waitress I could not sit in this area, I get very sick near smoke. They lifted our entire set up table to an area over the empty side of the deck. My husband ordered a bottle of wine with our waitress, then stepped away from our table for a few minutes, the waitress and wine steward approached me while he was gone asking what he ordered, I told them both they would have to wait for his return because I was not sure. The meal was average and did not equal the cost of the meal or the Hype we read on other reviews.