“Wedding @ The Wharf”
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
Ranked #44 of 305 Restaurants in Grand Cayman
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Wharf Restaurant and Bar is where fine food is matched by beautiful scenery. Located on the edge of the Caribbean Sea, at the start of the world famous Seven Mile Beach, The Wharf has long been regarded as one of the most beautiful and memorable restaurants in the Cayman Islands, by tourists and locals alike. Dine on the waterfront, under the stars and enjoy majestic panoramic ocean views and award winning local seafood and continental cuisine. With one of the largest wine cellars in the Cayman Islands, The Wharf restaurant has won a Wine Spectator award every year since 2004.
Rimbey
“Wedding @ The Wharf”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We got married at the wharf on Feb 12, 2012. It gives me goose bumps thinking about what an absolutely PERFECT day it was! the little beach beside the restaurant is quiet and secluded - we were the only ones on it! The atmosphere was relaxed and casual BUT I can not say enough about the service - these people are phenomenal - really! I don't usually write reviews but I feel I owe it to this level of excellence. I never got to meet Kelly, but after MANY e-mails before hand, the patience and kindness shown to us planning a destination wedding ourselves, was outstanding. The day of, Sabina was the most professional restaurant staff I have personally ever seen. The food was also EXCELLENT and the bar staff was super - it's just perfect! We have travelled to 26 countries in the last 5 years and I can say truthfully that I can't think of a more ideal place to get married than The Wharf, Grand Cayman. Hats off to the best staff I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with - heartfelt thanks for making our day THE BEST! We hope to be back for many anniversaries!

2 Thank Leanne_E_12_12

Fairfax, VA
“Great sunset views and food”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Wharf has been one of my family's standard stops for years. While food and service have invariably gone up and down over the years I can say they are hitting on all cylinders right now.

Our food was excellent. We had the Cuban Black Bean soup and Seafood Chowder - both were excellent. The chowder was one of the best i have had on the island. We also had the Lobster tempura (perfect), the red snapper (great) among other things. Everything was superb. I will say desserts do not appear to be one of their strengths. While they were fine, they did not live up to the level of the appetizers and entrees. The service was also pleasant and attentive.

Of course they views are perfect. Right on the water, facing the sunset. The traveling harpist is a nice accompaniment to the meal.

Overall a must stop for dinner, or at least drinks.

1 Thank VAtraveller17
Indiana
“Outstanding Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband & I spent our honeymoon on Grand Cayman Island. We picked The Wharf due to its oceanfront location. Our dining experience was absolutely wonderful. When we made the reservation we mentioned we were on our honeymoon and Reno, the Manager, said he'd have a romantic table for us.

When we arrived, we were amazed to find that Reno had set up a table on the beach away from the restaurant's waterfront outdoor dining deck. We had a very romantic dinner on the beach -- it was a perfect dining experience for newlyweds. Our server, Sabine, was appropriately attentive and utterly charming. The food was fabulous and we would recommend the Fresh Catch that can be prepared four different ways. The conch fritters at The Wharf were the best we found on the island.

We enjoyed our romantic dinner at The Wharf so much, we returned on our last night for dinner. This time we sat near the Tarpon feeding station. This time we had a waterfront table on the deck. It was another wonderful dinner.

Truth be told, no matter what the occasion, no matter what your dining preferences, The Wharf is absolutely the best restaurant on Seven Mile Beach. We would recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable and outstanding dining experience!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank JeanfromCP
Isle La Motte, Vermont
“Good Food with Great View”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We went for a sunset dinner and although it was a somewhat cloudy sunset, it still provided great pictures from our table. The food was medium priced compared to what's available in the island. The menu had a good selection. The escargot appetizer was really good but the conch fritters were disappointing: too much bread filling. We then had the three local fish platter to share and that was good and plenty to fill us. The buns were warm and excellent. Overall, a nice experience for both food and view compared to what's available on the island but not overwhelming great.

Cary
“BEST Meal Ever”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I had been to the Wharf before and we chose this spot for a birthday dinner celebration. They set a table out for us ON THE BEACH and I had the best meal ever. On a local recommendation, I ordered the adobo grouper with sweet potatoes. It was fantastic!!!! Capped off the meal with an Irish coffee and the nightly Tarpin feeding. Loved it! With apps, drinks and the coffee, it was a bit on the pricey side but well worth it. I cannot wait to go back.

• Visited January 2012